La Fea Más Bella
|La fea más bella|
|Written by||Fernando Gaitán
|Directed by||Sergio Jiménez
|Opening theme||"La fea más bella" by Jorge Villamizar & Margarita
"Aquí estaré" by Angélica Vale
|Ending theme||"El club de las feas" by Banda El Recodo
"Tu belleza es un misterio" by Angélica Vale and Jaime Camil
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||300|
|Executive producer(s)||Rosy Ocampo|
|Running time||42-45 minutes|
|Original channel||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Original run||January 23, 2006– February 25, 2007|
|Preceded by||Barrera de amor|
|Followed by||Yo amo a Juan Querendón|
|Related shows||Betty la fea|
Letty is the protagonist of La Fea Más Bella (The Most Beautiful Ugly Girl), and as the title suggests, she is not particularly good-looking. The story begins with her going to an interview at Conceptos, a famous Mexican modeling and advertising company, and being turned down for the job because of her appearance. The president of the company, Fernando Mendiola, however, calls her back. After receiving the job from an uncertain president, Letty tries to prove herself with the help of The Club of the Uglies or The Ugly Club (El Cuartel de las Feas). She falls in love with the president, who's already engaged with Marcia Villarroel, and despite her better judgment soon becomes his lover. Eventually, Letty finds out that she was actually being used by Fernando to keep her on his side, and he never had any real feelings for her.
She finds a letter written by Vice-President Omar Carvajal which basically states that Fernando needed to seduce Letty in order to protect the fate of Conceptos. Angered and broken-hearted by this, Letty uses the contents to her advantage and presents the letter at a quarterly meeting and reveals the true financial state of affairs of the company to the company's council and former owners. They find out that she actually owns Conceptos herself through a dummy company, Filmo Imagen. She resigns from her job during the meeting and runs away to Acapulco with a friend named Carolina Ángeles. There, she meets a part-time fisherman and chef named Aldo Domenzaín, who saves her (literally) and helps her realize her true potential. When she returns to Conceptos as the full owner of it, she realizes she must correct the mistakes she made and tries her best to get the company back to its former glory so she can finally leave for good without a guilty conscience. She soon finds out that Aldo is in love with her but her lingering feelings for Fernando, despite the betrayal, keep her from moving on and trying for a relationship with Aldo.
As problems with the company begin again, she undergoes a dramatic appearance change, visits the wedding of a long-time enemy and a long-time friend, and acts on a television show dressed as a diva. Fernando has been suffering from his own transformation as he realizes the error of his womanizing ways and tries to convince Letty that he really did love her. He breaks up with Marcia, trades blows with Aldo, and works as Letty's assistant as a sort of penance and to show his father he's serious about his work. Letty's indecisiveness comes to an end as she realizes that though she loves both, she chooses Aldo. Letty prepares for her wedding with Aldo, and things seem to finally be winding to a close with Conceptos, financially (she puts Marcia in charge of the company because Marcia deserves the title for her hard work). However, when Fernando decides to go to Brazil, Letty realizes that the man she really loves, and wants to marry, is Fernando (and surprisingly enough, Aldo seems to be alright with that). The story ends with Fernando taking Aldo's place and the wedding and he and Letty marry, realizing that Aldo was an angel who helped them get back together.
La Fea Más Bella was soap opera with the final most watched in the history of Mexico, with a growing audience, spent the hours of 16h to 20h. In his last chapter, the audience of 43 points (62.8 nationally) overcame the transmission of Oscar 2007 with 9 points (14.9 in every country), displayed at the same time by TV Azteca. In an unprecedented end on a Sunday, lasting three hours. Was considered the best television series in 2007 due to its good ratings, which were not affected even after the extension of the novel. His first came from redisplay by March 2007 and again on July 14, 2014, replacing the rerun of Soy tu dueña.
Also achieved ratings success in the United States, constantly won the WB and UPN stations, displayed on the Spanish channel but seen in the country, Univision (3 million viewers), which at the time managed to defeat the CBS, NBC and ABC respectively, with the exception of Fox and the "America's Got Talent" on NBC. Came to get 21.3 points (4.6 million) and then 25.3 points. With 7.4 million viewers an episode, was the 15th most watched program in the country, in addition to achieving 4th position nationwide audience, then the 2nd, becoming the most watched soap opera in the Nielsen rankings. Univision broadcast 2 hour episodes of La Fea Más Bella from September 13, 2010, to April 15, 2011.
Recordings of La fea más bella began in December 9, 2005 at Televisa San Ángel. Jaime Camil had to suspend a play in which was in Broadway to dedicate the recordings. Angélica Vale needed to lose weight 20 kilos to be characterized as "Lety". The recordings lasted about 8 hours and reached up to 18 hours daily, which was extended for 14 months. Beside the Banda El Recodo, Vale recorded the music video of the theme "El club de las feas" in a well known restaurant in the capital.
During the month of July 2006,Televisa hosted a some events during the FIFA World Cup in Germany, several actors from the cast traveled to record some scenes from the soap opera, and presented in a show before 15,000 people.
Angélica Vale had an infection caused by salmonella that made her cancel a trip that would make a city in the United States. In recording the scene where she rolls several things on a table in an office, the actress cut her finger, needed to rebuild 70% of the tendon of his left hand, which prevented him from returning to the studio Durantes three weeks.
The actress had health problems again, this time by fatigue. "Do not fainted, but she was very sick. She was overwhelmed by the job since records on Sunday and had little time to rest. Already have chronic fatigue," said her mother, actress Angélica Maria.
La Fea Más Bella was released in stores and online on February 19, 2008 In just short version, consisting of 14 chapters, with durations ranging from 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes to about 700 minutes total in 3 DVD. Another version, also edited, was launched with an additional 250 minutes over the previous version, distributed on 4 DVD.
With the success of audience in Mexico, was the version that drew the most critical attention. In the United States, Angélica Vale, characterized as Letty, made a cameo on Ugly Betty as a secretary in the North American Betty consulting dentist. In Brazil, besides being exhibited by SBT in 2006 and again in 2014, reaching record audiences, Rede Record produced in an inspired plot that was titled "Bela, a feia" ("Beautiful, ugly"). In 2009 it was dubbed into Arabic and aired on MTV Lebanon as Letty instead of La Fea Más Bella.
The soundtrack of La fea más bella was released in two separate volumes, one only digital format released on February 14, 2006 by Warner Music Mexico and other in physical format (CD) and digital on June 6 plumb the year by EMI Televisa Music.
- La Fea Más Bella - Jorge Villamizar & Margarita
- Tu Belleza Es Un Misterío - Angélica Vale & Jaime Camil
- La Dueña De Mi Vida - Angels
- Se Busca Un Hombre - Niurka Marcos
- El Club De Las Feas - Banda El Recodo
- Aquí Estaré - Angélica Vale
- Canallá - Margarita
- La Secretaria - Banda machos
- Mi Bom Bon - Margarita
- Bésala Ya - Bacilos, Celso Piña & Bogotá
- Les Gusta El Cu - Margarita
- La Fea Más Bella - Karaoke
- La Fea Más Bella – Angélica Vale Y Jaime Camil
- El Club De Las Feas – Banda El Recodo
- Simple – Daniela Romo
- Con Tu Amor – Pandora
- Haria Hasta Lo Imposible – El Coyote and your band Tierra Santa
- Sigue Tu Ruta – Graciela Beltran
- La Verdad – Los invasores de Nuevo Leon
- Que Vuelva Pronto – Los originales de San Juan
- Me Quiero Casar – Control
- Lucero De Mi Alma – Emilio Navaira
- Lo Eterno – Celso Piña
- "La Fea Más Bella Episodes". RedShift. Retrieved August 22, 2014.
- "Final de Lo Que La Vida Me Robó supera los 30 pts de rating". SDPNoticias.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- ""Lo que la vida me robó" superó los 30 pts de audiencia. Con Flor Rubio". RedioFormula (in Spanish). Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- "Audiência de "A Feia Mais Bela" supera a do Oscar no México". FolhaOnLine.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved February 27, 2007.
- "Arrasa La fea más bella al Oscar en rating". ElUniversal.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 15, 2014.
- "La fea más bella vapuleó al Oscar en rating, revela Ibope". Cronica.com.mx (in Spanish). Retrieved August 15, 2014.
- " La Fea Más Bella". NovelaMexicana.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved August 15, 2014.
- "Comienza la retransmisión de 'La fea más bella' :: México :: esmas". Esmas.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "¡La fea está de regreso!". Televisa.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 15, 2014.
- "Retransmitirán "La fea más bella" a partir del 14 de julio. Con René Franco". RadioFormula.com.mx (in Spanish). Retrieved August 15, 2014.
- "La fea más bella con nuevo galán". Terra.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "Desbanca la "Fea más Bella" a series de Univisión". Cronica.com.mx (in Spanish). Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "Univisión vence a principales cadenas EEUU con "La fea más bella"". Diariolibre.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "'La fea más bella' desata pasiones". Terra.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- ""La fea más bella", un éxito en Univisión". DiarioLibre.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "'La Fea Mas Bella' big hit for Spanish-language Univision in slow TV week". DeseretNews.com. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "¡No ajustes tu televisor! - Univision Novelas y Series". Univision (in Spanish). Retrieved August 28, 2014.
- "Univision #1 Among Adults 18-34 and 18-49 with Beautiful Ending of "La Fea más Bella"". BusinessWire.com. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- "Univision #1 Among Adults 18-34 and 18-49 With Beautiful Ending of ‘La Fea más Bella’". Hispanicrwire.com. Retrieved August 20, 2014.
- "La fea más bella se acerca a su fin". Terra.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 20, 2014.
- "El Retorno de Lety Padilla". NovelasySeries-notfix Univision (in Spanish). Retrieved August 22, 2014.
- "Jaime Camil actúa en nueva versiónde Betty la fea". Hoy.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Jaime Camil en 'La fea más bella'". Terra.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Jaime Camil protagonizará La fea más bella". Peopleenespanol.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Niega Angélica Vale liposucción". ElUniversal.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Angélica Vale niega liposucción". Peopleenespanol.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Gloria Trevi exigió demasiada seguridad". Extra.ec (in Spanish). Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Juan Soler se suma a La fea más bella". Peopleenespanol.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Angelica Vale Roba Camara En La Alfombra de People". Politicsinpolk (in Portuguese). Retrieved August 22, 2014.
- "Banda El Recodo grabó el videoclip del tema "El club de las feas"". ElUniversal.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "¡La Banda El Recodo enloquece al público en Alemania!". www.periodicoelsur.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "telenovelala fea mas bella el cuartel". LasNoticiasMexico.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Angélica Vale no sufre por su dedo". Nacion.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Sufre Angélica Vale cortadura en un dedo". ElUniversal.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Angélica Vale, cansada de filmar La fea más bella". Hoy.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Angélica Vale, protagonista dela Fea más bella, internada por tifoidea". UltimaHora.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Angélica Vale hospitalizada por tifoidea". ElUniverso.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Angélica Vale tiene tifoidea". Peopleenespanol.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "LlegaLa fea más bella en DVD". Peopleenespnol.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 15, 2014.
- "La Fea Más Bella". Amazon.com. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "La Fea Mas Bella 4 dvds Boxset Reg 1- 4". Amazon.com. Retrieved August 15, 2014.
- "Kristin Chenoweth, Angelica Vale & Gina Gershon To Star On 'Ugly Betty'". Starpulse.com. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "¡Angélica Vale estará en Ugly Betty!". Peopleenespanol.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- ""A Feia Mais Bela" estréia dia 20 no SBT". Folha Online - UOL (in Portuguese). Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- "A Feia Mais Bela estréia com boa audiência no SBT". AreaVip.com.br (in Portuguese). Retrieved August 15, 2014.
- "A Feia Mais Bela está de volta ao SBT". SBT (in Portuguese). Retrieved March 18, 2014.
- ""A Feia Mais Bela" tem audiência recorde no terceiro capítulo". NaTelinha.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- ""A Feia Mais Bela" tem alta audiência com pico de 7 pontos". FamososNaWeb.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "A Feia Mais Bela surpreende e bate recorde". CentraldeNoticias (in Portuguese). Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "Bela, a Feia foi a versão da Record para o clássico Betty, A Feia". CoisasdeNovela.pop.com.br (in Portuguese). Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Duelo: Bela, a Feia x Ugly Betty xBetty, a Feia?". Abril.com.br (in Portuguese). Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- " Muslslalmxhexy (Leyte) Mudbgalhalqhalaoly-video-Well". Hasnaa.d1g.com (in arabian). Retrieved August 22, 2014.
- "La Fea Más Bella (Soundtrack de la Telenovela)". Itunes (in Portuguese). Retrieved December 15, 2014.
- "La Fea Mas Bella Soundtrack CD Album". CD Universe. Retrieved December 15, 2014.
- La Fea Más Bella at the Internet Movie Database
- (Spanish) Official website
- (Spanish) La Fea mas Bella en Univision.com
- (Spanish) La Fea Mas Bella en Canal RCN