La Fuerza del Destino (telenovela)
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (March 2011)|
|La Fuerza del Destino|
|Created by||Maria Zarratini|
|Directed by||Benjamin Cann|
|Opening theme||"La Fuerza del Destino" by Marc Anthony and Sandra Echeverría|
|Ending theme||"La Fuerza del Destino"|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||101 |
|Running time||40-47 minutes|
|Original channel||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV
|Original run||March 14, 2011 – July 31, 2011|
|Preceded by||Cuando me enamoro|
|Followed by||La que no podía amar|
La Fuerza del Destino (The Power of Destiny) is a Mexican telenovela produced by Rosy Ocampo for Televisa. Sandra Echeverria and David Zepeda star as the main protagonists, while Laisha Wilkins, Gabriel Soto, Rosa Maria Bianchi, Jose Montini and Juan Ferrara star as the main antagonists. La Fuerza del Destino won 5 awards in Premios TVyNovelas: Best first actress, best original story or adaptation, best male antagonist, best lead actress, and best telenovela of the year. The theme song is sung by Marc Anthony and Sandra Echeverria. Portions of their performance in the recording studio are periodically shown in the closing credits.
Canal de las Estrellas aired La Fuerza del Destino from March 14 to July 31, 2011 Univision had announced that La Fuerza del Destino would air on the network as part of the 2011-2012 programming schedule, and was broadcast from August 2 to December 26, 2011, with La que no podía amar replacing it in both countries.
"The Best Telenovela of the Year" (Premios TVyNovelas 2012)
This story begins when Ivan (David Zepeda), 14, returns with his mother, Alicia (Leticia Calderón), to the land of his birth: Alamos, Sonora. His father, Juan Jaime Mondragón (Juan Ferrara), a wealthy and powerful businessman and landowner, does not recognize him as his son and rejects him. Alicia keeps her son's origin a secret and is forced to accept the job as a servant for the Lomelí Curiel family, where Doña Carlota (Delia Casanova), her daughter Lucrecia (Rosa María Bianchi), her son-in-law Gerardo (Alejandro Tommasi), and their two daughters, the teen Maripaz Lomelí Curiel (Laisha Wilkins) and Lucia Lomelí Curiel (Sandra Echeverria) live. At the home of the Curiels, Ivan helps in any way he can, and continues to study with the generous help of Doña Carlota, until he is 19. Meanwhile, Maripaz, now 18, returns home after having studied abroad. Ivan is immediately attracted to her, and she, frivolous and shallow, seduces him. She ends up pregnant and her family is faced with keeping the pregnancy a secret to keep their family's good name. Maripaz's mother, Lucrecia, is a woman obsessed by appearances and pays some thugs to beat him up. Meanwhile, before the beating, Ivan visits his godmother and there finds his mother dying after trying to termite her own pregnancy, a pregnancy that Ivan knew nothing about.
He believes Juan Jaime is the father of the baby because he himself is Juan Jaime's illegitimate son with Alicia. When Ivan walks outside to get some air, he is attacked by Lucrecia's thugs. During the brawl, Ivan's friends, Camilo and his brother Antolin, arrive and rush to help him. Antolin takes out a knife and stabs one of the men who had attacked Ivan, killing him. However, Ivan is mistakenly accused of the murder and must leave the country out of fear of being unjustly condemned for murder and sent to prison. So begins his journey to the United States, crossing the border illegally, still recovering from the beating and fighting the natural elements of the dessert between Mexico and the United States.
Sore and confused, Ivan thinks that the person responsible for the death of his mother is Juan Jaime. The day's events have left Ivan full of anger and feeling helpless. With the authorities potentially against him, and having nothing to lose, Ivan decides to cross illegally into the United States. He goes to Los Angeles, California and ends up staying there for eleven years, eventually becoming a successful engineer. There he meets Anthony McGuire (Pedro Armendáriz Jr.), an older businessman who has lost his wife and only son. Anthony initially pays for Ivan's education and then arranges to adopt him. Anthony encourages Ivan to return to Mexico with him, not only for business but also to face his past.
Ivan gets several pieces of surprising news when he returns to Sonora, among them is that the child he conceived with Maripaz mysteriously disappeared the same day he was born, and no one has known about him since then. One of the most intense of the surprises is the touching confession of Lucia, the younger sister of Maripaz, now a virtuous young child psychologist. She confesses to Ivan that she has secretly loved him since she was a child. Lucia promises to help him find his son, regain his dignity, and overcome all the obstacles with courage.
Ivan discovers that Alex, the adopted son of Lucia's father: Gerardo, is his son. Maripaz also discovered the fact from Saul and told Ivan that if he didn't marry her, she would take Alex away from him. Thinking about his son, Ivan agreed to marry Maripaz and end his relationship with Lucia, whom he is in love with. Ivan marries Maripaz and lives in the United States with Alex, his father, and her. After Lucia made love with Ivan a few times, she goes to a club with her friend, Berenice, one night. Her drink contained a drug, which not only made her drowsy, but a mysterious guy rapes her. Weeks later, Lucia discovers that she's pregnant, and believes that Ivan is the real father.
Carlota suggests that Lucia should marry Camilo, due to Ivan marrying Maripaz and not wanting her granddaughter to be a single mother. Lucia has a baby girl named Perlita, and marries Camilo, who deeply loves Lucia and her baby. Months later, Lucia is unable to forget about her relationship with Ivan, which makes Camilo feel angry and jealous. Maripaz has an affair with Juliette's husband, Robert, whom she successfully seduces. Ivan finds out (through Benito), and with Juliette's help, he successfully divorces her and gains parental rights for Alex. Anthony later tells Ivan that Lucia married Camilo and has a baby. Feeling angry and betrayed, he returns to Álamos to seek for reasons as to why it happened.
Ivan's return to Álamos sparks intense jealousy in Camilo, who almost gets violent with Lucia every time they argue. Despite the good-natured and coincidental meetings between Ivan and Lucia, Camilo continuously uses this while in argument with Lucia, causing Lucia to start thinking twice about staying married to Camilo. Meanwhile, Maripaz returns to Álamos and now turns her attention to seducing Camilo - which she continuously succeeds in. An incident in which she is caught in Camilo's bedroom while half-naked caused Carlotta to throw her out of the house.
Saul on the other hand after an accident in which he was left disfigured, plans on kidnapping Lucrecia for ransom so he can get money to fund his expensive operations. He and El Gordo use Antolín's sister, Carmen (whose daughter is Saul's), to get information on the movement patterns of Lucrecia so they can plan the kidnapping. On the day of Lucrecia's kidnapping however, all hell breaks lose when Gerardo comes to the rescue of Lucrecia leading to El Gordo shooting him. Gerardo dies in hospital later on. The attempted kidnapping of Lucrecia and the death of Gerardo is however blamed on Antolín since his gun was found at the crime scene. (El Gordo and Saul stole Antolín's gun from his house to frame him for this kidnapping.
This was Saul's way of making Antolín pay for indirectly causing his accident.) Despite differences between Ivan and Camilo, they work together to help the release of Antolín from Prison and they succeed in this aspect, with Saul having blamed the kidnapping on El Gordo (who had already skipped town) to avoid going to prison. With the help of Antolín, Ivan, Lucia and Mr. Anthony, Carolina gets to see again and she is reunited with Antolín after he leaves prison.
Ivan and Lucia's relationship gets mended gradually though it is hampered by the jealousy of Camilo who will not grant the divorce to Lucia even though at the time, he has started an affair with Maripaz. However, 2 incidences in which Camilo is caught together with Maripaz and her realization that she would never be happy with Camilo because of his jealousy and also because she realizes she can never kill the love she has for Ivan, Lucia continues with divorce proceedings;
During the court process, 2 cases are subsequently filed before the judge; Lucia seeks divorce from Camilo; And secondly, Camilo files for sole custody of Perla (which is actually targeted to get Lucia to go back to him). Even though the divorce is granted to Lucia, Perla's custody meets challeneges after DNA results prove Perla is not the daughter of Ivan. Even though the test is redone, the result is the same; Lucia begins to recall actions on the night of Perla's conception revealing that she was actually raped. Even though initially, Lucia refuses to meet with Ivan because she thinks Ivan blames her for the rape, eventually they renew their friendship after a series of happenings in their lives. Lucia finally after undergoing hypnosis therapy, gets to recall the face of her attacker as Saul Mondragon.
With much appeal from Lucrecia and Anthony, Lucia and Ivan decide against filing a case against Saul (who is now on the run) so as not to taint the future of Perla with regard to the little girls conception. Lucrecia is also found to have a kidney failure and she will need continuous treatment and eventually a transplant to save her life. Camilo also breaks off his relaionship with Maripaz in light of Maripaz becoming needy and meddling.
After an audit is done on the Agricultural Association's accounts, Juan Jaime is now forced by the association to pay back money he stole (at least 40m pesos) in exchange of non-involvement of the authorities; However, Esther is also filing for a divorce with a request of half the share of the Mondragon wealth. These activities causes Juan Jaime to get deeper into his tequila bottle. Saul who is on the run is also arranging with El Gordo on a kidnapping attempt against Ivan's son (Alex) where they expect the ask for a huge ransom in the tune of millions of dollars.When arranging to receive ransom from Ivan in a desolate area, El Gordo gets shot by Camilo. El Gordo and Saul's other accomplice shoots Camilo in the process and leaves all three of them here and runs with the bag of money. After a log battle with infection, both Camilo and Ivan get better when being taken care of by a native woman in the region. They are finally reunited with their families.
In the finale, Saul dies after hanging himself in his prison cell. Ivan and Lucia finally get married. Camilo meets a woman at Iva's wedding and they hit it off. Carolina and Antolin and expecting their first child with gladness. Together, Ivan and Lucia, discover the value of loyalty, honesty, and truth. They both find love, thanks to The Power of Destiny.
Cast of Characters
- David Zepeda as Ivan Villagómez Mondragon McGuire — An engineer with McGuire Corporation, Alicia's dedicated son, Juan Jaime's illegitimate son, Anthony McGuire's adopted son, Arcelia's godson, Alex's father (seduced by Maripaz as a teenager), Maripaz's dedicated ex-husband, Camilo's best friend, half-brother of David and Judith, Saul's dedicated half-brother, Lucia's husband.
- Sandra Echeverria as Lucia Lomelí-Curiel — Lucrecia's daughter, Gerardo's dedicated daughter, Maripaz's dedicated sister, Carlota's granddaughter, Alex's aunt, Saul's ex-girlfriend and raped by him, Camilo's ex-wife, Berenice's best friend, worked as a psychologist at Olga's school, Perla's mother, Ivan's wife.
- Gabriel Soto as Camilo Galván — Ivan's best friend, Arcelia's son, Silvestre's dedicated son, brother of Antolín and Carmen, Lichita's uncle, Lucia's ex-husband, Maripaz's ex-lover.
- Laisha Wilkins as María Paz Lomelí-Curiel "Maripaz" — Gerardo's daughter, Lucrecia's deceased daughter, Lucia's deceased sister, Carlota's deceased granddaughter, Alex's deceased birth-mother (seduced Ivan as a teen), deceased ex-wife of David and Ivan, liked Ivan for his money, deceased ex-friend of Judith and Juliette, ex-lover of Robert (Bob) and Camilo, donated her kidneys to save her mother and died during the transplant.
- Ferdinando Valencia as Saul Mondragón-Dominguez — Juan Jaime's deceased son, Esther's deceased stepson, deceased half-brother of David, Judith and Ivan, deceased birth-father of Lichita and Perla, Lucia's ex-boyfriend and rapist(hence siring Perla), co-kidnapper of Alex together with El Gordo commits suicide in prison by hanging himself.
- Juan Ferrara as Juan Jaime Mondragón — Was a wealthy, powerful businessman and landowner, Ivan's birth-father, Esther's ex-husband, father of David and Judith, Saul's dedicated father, grandfather of Alex, Lichita and Perla, Lucrecia's close friend, diabetic, responsible for frauds at the agricultural association, left alone due to his ambition and selfishness.
- Delia Casanova as Carlota viuda de Curiel — Landowner, widow of Teodoro Curiel, Lucrecia's mother, Maripaz's dedicated grandmother, Lucia's grandmother, great-grandmother of Alex and Perla, likes Anthony.
- Rosa María Bianchi as Lucrecia Curiel ex. de Lomelí — Carlota's daughter, Gerardo's unappreciative ex-wife, Lucia's mother, Maripaz's dedicated mother, grandmother of Alex and Perla, Juan Jaime's close friend and ex-girlfriend in their youth.
- Alejandro Tomassi as Gerardo Lomelí — Lucrecia's deceased ex-husband, Maripaz's & Lucia's deceased father, Carolina's deceased brother-in-law, Alicia's love interest, Alex's deceased grandfather, killed by El Gordo during the attempted kidnap of Lucrecia.
- Leticia Calderón as Alicia Villagómez — Ivan's deceased mother, former worker for the Lomelí-Curiel family, Arcelia's deceased best friend, Gerardo's love interest, died from an abortion when Ivan was a teen.
- Diego Velázquez as Alejandro "Alex" McGuire-Lomelí — Ivan's son, Maripaz's dedicated son, Lucia's nephew, raised by Carolina, grandson of Lucrecia, Alicia and Juan Jaime, Gerardo's dedicated grandson, Carlota's great-grandson.
- Pedro Armendáriz Jr. as Anthony McGuire "Tony" — Ivan's adoptive father, likes Carlota, rich businessman.
- Kika Edgar as Carolina Munoz — Gerardo's dedicated sister-in-law, formally blind as a young girl and adult, Alex's "aunt" who has raised him from infancy, Antolín's wife.
- Leticia Perdigón as Arcelia "Celia" vda de Galván — Mother of Antolín, Camilo, and Carmen, Lichita's grandmother, Ivan's godmother, Silvestre's dedicated wife, Alicia's dedicated best friend.
- Alfonso Itturalde as Silvestre Galván — Deceased father of Antolín, Camilo, and Carmen, Lichita's deceased grandfather, Arcelia's deceased husband, died when Antolín, Camilo, and Carmen were teens.
- Marcelo Córdoba as Antolín Galván — Arcelia's son, Silvestre's dedicated son, brother of Camilo and Carmen, Lichita's uncle, Carolina's husband.
- Yuliana Peniche as Carmen Galván — Arcelia's daughter, Silvestre's dedicated daughter, sister of Antolín and Camilo, Lichita's mother (fathered by Saul as a teen).
- Evelyn Zavala as Alicia Mondragón-Galván "Lichita" — Carmen's daughter, Saul's dedicated daughter, Perla's half-sister, raised by Arcelia, niece of Antolín and Camilo, granddaughter of Arcelia, Esther and Juan Jaime, Silvestre's dedicated granddaughter, named after Ivan's mother: Alicia.
- Lucero Lander as Esther Domínguez ex de Mondragón — Juan Jaime's ex-wife, mother of David and Judith, Saul's dedicated stepmother, Lichita's grandmother.
- Jauma Mateu as David Mondragón-Domínguez — Son of Esther and Juan Jaime, Judith's brother, Ivan's half-brother, Saul's dedicated half-brother, Maripaz's dedicated ex-husband, Berenice's boyfriend.
- Roxana Rojo de la Vega as Judith Mondragón-Domínguez — Daughter of Esther and Juan Jaime, David's sister, Saul's dedicated half-sister, Ivan's half-sister, liked Camilo, Carlos' girlfriend, Maripaz's ex-friend.
- Willebaldo Lopez as Cleto — Servant and groundskeeper for the Lomelí-Curiel family.
- María Prado as Gloria — Servant and housekeeper for the Lomelí-Curiel family.
- Ignacio Guadalupe as Benito Giménez — Ivan's friend from the United States, Anthony's assistant and chauffeur.
- Jose Montini as Miguel Hernández "El Gordo" — Saul's friend and accomplice, Antolín's ex-friend, involved in various illegal activities for money, responsible for Gerardo's murder, Alex's kidnapper, killed by Camilo.
- Rosangela Balbó as Olga de los Santos — Principal of the school where Lucia used to work, source of much town gossip.
- Carla Cardona as Berenice Escalante - Lucia's best friend, David's girlfriend.
- Agustín Arana as Robert (Bob) Rodriguez - Juliette's husband, seduced by Maripaz and was having an affair with her.
- Paloma Arredondoas Rosa.
- Sarah Barlondo as Jenny
- Yessica Salazar as Juliette Abascal de Rodriguez - Robert's wife, Maripaz's ex-friend.
- Joana Brito as María.
- Fernando Robles as Leandro.
- Beatriz Moreno as Stella - Carolina's cousin.
- Ignacio López Tarso as Don Severiano.
- Rafael del Villar as Lic. Rubiales.
- Ramón Valdez as Ezequiel.
- Pablo Valentín as Abogado Lara.
- Héctor Sáez as Juez.
- Roberto Sen as Lic. Castaño.
- Andrea Legarreta as Verónica Resendiz.
- Mónica Miguel as Sanadora.
- Antonio Medellín as Gran Jefe.
- Luis Bayardo as Juez Porfirio.
- Jesús Moré as Ingeniero Carlos Orozco - Judith's boyfriend.
- José María Negri
- Alejandro Perazza
- Queta Lavat as Eduviges.
- Martha Guzmán
- María Clara Zurita
- Ricardo Vera
- Eduardo Liñán as Abogado Jose María Labastida.
- Adriano Zendejas as Ivan Villagómez (young).
- Renata Notni as Lucia Lomelí-Curiel "Lucy" (teenager).
- Marilyz as Lucia Lomelí-Curiel "Lucy" (young).
- Ilsa Zamaripa as María Paz Lomelí-Curiel "Maripaz" (young).
- Alfonso Gómez as Camilo Galván (young).
- Eric Díaz as Antolín Galván (young).
Awards and nominations
|2011||Premios People en Español||Best Telenovela||Rosy Ocampo||Nominated|
|Best Lead Actress||Sandra Echeverria||Nominated|
|Best Lead Actor||David Zepeda||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Delia Casanova||Won|
|Best Couple||David Zepeda y Sandra Echeverría||Nominated|
|2012||Premios ACE||Best Soap Opera||Rosy Ocampo||Won|
|Best Supporting Actress||Delia Casanova||Won|
|TVyNovelas Awards||Best Telenovela||Rosy Ocampo||Won|
|Best Lead Actress||Sandra Echeverria||Won|
|Best Lead Actor||David Zepeda||Nominated|
|Best Female Antagonist||Laisha Wilkins||Nominated|
|Best Male Antagonist||Juan Ferrara||Won|
|Best First Actress||Delia Casanova||Won|
|Best Musical Theme||"La Fuerza del Destino"
by Sandra Echeverria & Marc Anthony
|Best Original Story or Adaptation||Maria Zarattini and Claudia Velazco||Won|
|Premios Juventud||What a Hottie!||David Zepeda||Won|
|Girl of my Dreams||Sandra Echeverría||Nominated|
|Best Theme Novelero||"La Fuerza del Destino"
by Marc Anthony & Sandra Echeverría
|Country||Alternante title||TV Network(s)||Series premiere||Series finale||Tanzania||La Fuerza del Destino||ITV|
|Mexico||La Fuerza del Destino||Canal de las Estrellas||March 14, 2011||July 31, 2011|
|Colombia||La Fuerza del Destino||RCN TV||May 2, 2011||September 20, 2011|
|Venezuela||La Fuerza del Destino||Venevision||May 5, 2011||September 20, 2011|
|Peru||La Fuerza del Destino||América TV||May 23, 2011||November 11, 2011|
|USA||La Fuerza del Destino||Univision||August 2, 2011||December 26, 2011|
|Albania||Forca e Fatit||Vizion Plus||August 29, 2011||January 9, 2012|
|Poland||Miłość i przeznaczenie||TV Puls||September 5, 2011||February 7, 2012|
|Serbia||Tajna ljubav||RTV Pink
|September 12, 2011
July 3, 2013
|April 13, 2012
October 12, 2013
|Spain||La Fuerza del Destino||La 1||September 21, 2011||January 25, 2012|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Tajna ljubav||Pink BH||November 22, 2011||May 16, 2012|
|Montenegro||Tajna ljubav||Pink M||December 19, 2011||May 2, 2012|
|Lithuania||Likimo galia||TV3||January 4, 2012||May 31, 2012|
|Hungary||A végzet hatalma||STORY4||January 9, 2012||June 1, 2012|
|Panama||La Fuerza del Destino||Canal 13||January 16, 2012||May 7, 2012|
|Chile||La Fuerza del Destino||Mega TV||January 31, 2012||April 19, 2012|
|Romania||Forța destinului||Acasă TV||March 26, 2012||May 28, 2012|
|Iran||The Power of Destiny||Farsi1||March 10, 2012||July 28, 2012|
|Israel||כוחו של גורל||Viva||April 19, 2012||September 21, 2012|
|Croatia||Moć sudbine||HRT||June 5, 2012||October 9, 2012|
|Slovenia||Moč usode||POP TV||July 12, 2012||November 30, 2012|
|Macedonia||Силата на судбината||Pink 15||2011||2011|
|Morocco||Al Maktoub المكتوب||2M TV||August 14, 2013||January 2, 2014|
|Cyprus||Η εκδίκηση||ANT1||October 15, 2013||Present|
|France||La Force du Destin||IDF1||September 23, 2013||December 2, 2013|
|Cameroon||La force du destin||Canal 2 International||September 23, 2013||December 2, 2014|
|Romania||Forța destinului||Acasă TV||February 7, 2014||Present|
- Televisa's La fuerza del destino
- Lista de ganadores de los Premios TVyNovelas 2012
- Descubre a los ganadores de los 'Premios TVyNovelas 2012'
- Gran final de 'La fuerza del destino' por Televisa.com
- La Fuerza del Destino coming soon to Univision
- ¿Crees en el destino? Encuéntralo entre Álamos y Los Ángeles
- Llega 'La fuerza del destino' a Estados Unidos
- Univision Reaches 8 Million Viewers and Ranks as No. 1 Network, Regardless of Language, with Finale of “La Fuerza del Destino”
- Univision Reaches 8 Million Viewers and Ranks as No. 1 Network, Regardless of Language, with Finale of “La Fuerza del Destino”
- El final de “La fuerza del destino” y Univisión desbancaron este lunes en USA a los grandes canales