La Gran final
|La Gran final|
|Directed by||Gerardo Olivares|
|Produced by||Wanda Films, Greenlight Media AG|
|Screenplay by||Chema Rodríguez|
|Starring||Zeinolda Igiza, Shag Humar Khan, Abu Aldanish, Kenshleg Alen Khan, Boshai Dalai Khan|
|Music by||Martín Meissonnier|
|Cinematography||Gerardo Olivares, Guy Gonçalves|
|Edited by||Rori Sainz de Rozas, Raquel Torres|
|Running time||88 minutes|
How is it possible that children living in the remotest part of the Mongolian steppes know who Ronaldo is? This film tells the adventurous story of three heroes, none of whom have ever met, but who nevertheless have two things in common: firstly, they all live in the farthest-flung corners of the planet and, secondly, they are all three determined to see on TV the final in Japan of the 2002 World Cup between Germany and Brazil. The protagonists in this 'global' comedy are: a family of Kazakh nomads from Mongolia, a camel caravan of Tuaregs in the Sahara, and a group of Indians in the Amazon. They all live about 500 kilometres away from the next town – and the next television – making their task a particularly daunting one. Nevertheless, these inventive people possess the resourcefulness and the willpower to achieve their goal.
La Gran final was screened at the African Film Festival of Cordoba. It won several international awards and was selected to participate, among others, in the Berlin International Film Festival. The film was an official selection at the Copenhagen International Film Festival, the Galway Film Fleadh, the World Cinema Festival, Cape Town and the Desert Nights Filmfest, Rome. It was nominated for Best Film at the Málaga Spanish Film Festival.
- African Film Festival of Cordoba-FCAT (license CC BY-SA)
- "La gran final". Independent Film Festival. Retrieved 9 March 2012.
- "11 Best Soccer Movies (Part One)". Sound on Sight. 9 June 2010. Retrieved 11 March 2012.
- Pérez, F. J. (22 March 2006). "Gerardo Olivares presenta en Málaga 'La gran final', un filme sobre fútbol". El País (in Spanish). Retrieved 11 March 2012.
- Bartholomew, Ian (8 May 2009). "FILM REVIEW: Bringing the world together". Taipei Times. Retrieved 11 March 2012.
- "La Gran final". FCAT. Retrieved 2012-03-12.
- "THE GREAT MATCH – DIR. GERARDO OLIVARES". Film Movement. Retrieved 2012-03-12.
|This African film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a sports-related documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|