La Grange Park, Illinois
|La Grange Park, Illinois|
|Motto: "The Village of Roses"|
|Area||2.23 sq mi (6 km2)|
|- land||2.23 sq mi (6 km2)|
|- water||0.00 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||6,089.2 / sq mi (2,351 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Wikimedia Commons: La Grange Park, Illinois|
La Grange Park is located at (41.829831, -87.869233).
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 2.23 square miles (5.8 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 13,295 people, 5,432 households, and 3,516 families residing in the village. The population density was 8,925 people per square mile. There were 5,560 housing units at an average density of 2,467.3 per square mile (954.1/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 93.2% White, 3.1% African American, 0.1% Native American, 1.6% Asian, 0% Pacific Islander, .9% from other races, and 1.0% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.6% of the population.
There were 5,432 households out of which 29.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.7% were married couples living together, 8.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 35.3% were non-families. 31.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 18.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.38 and the average family size was 3.05.
In the village the population was spread out with 23.7% under the age of 18, 5.3% from 18 to 24, 27.2% from 25 to 44, 22.0% from 45 to 64, and 21.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females there were 84.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 78.8 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $58,918, and the median income for a family was $76,441. Males had a median income of $55,023 versus $34,774 for females. The per capita income for the village was $30,247. About 1.2% of families and 2.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.7% of those under age 18 and 5.2% of those age 65 or over.
La Grange Park is in Illinois' 3rd congressional district.
- Allan B. Calhamer, mail carrier and game maker, invented the board game Diplomacy; grew up in La Grange Park
- Chelcie Ross, actor
- John Williams, radio talk show host at WGN in Chicago (John Williams Experience)
- "Village of La Grange Park, Illinois". Village of La Grange Park, Illinois. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): La Grange Park village, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 Census U.S. Gazetteer Files for Places – Illinois". United States Census. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- PDF (39.0 KiB). U.S. Census Bureau. Accessed 2007-04-03.