French film poster
|Directed by||Benjamin Rocher
|Produced by||Raphaël Rocher|
|Screenplay by||Arnaud Bordas
|Music by||Christopher Lennertz|
|Edited by||Dimitri Amar|
|Capture [The Flag] Films
|Distributed by||Le Pacte|
|Running time||96 minutes|
La horde (English title: The Horde) is a 2009 French horror film co-written and directed by Yannick Dahan and Benjamin Rocher, it stars Claude Perron, Jean-Pierre Martins, Eriq Ebouaney and Aurélien Recoing.
The plot revolves around a group of Parisian policemen who embark on a mission of vengeance after one of their colleagues dies at the hands of a notorious drug dealer holed up inside a condemned high-rise in the heart of a derelict and corrupt Paris neighborhood(ZUP). They storm the social housing complex with the intent of taking him down, but the operation is a failure and the team is captured. Suddenly, both sides find themselves confronted by quite a different opponent as a zombie apocalypse breaks out. Now, cops and criminals will have to forge an uneasy alliance to survive the undead.
- Claude Perron as Aurore
- Jean-Pierre Martins as Ouessem "Ouesse"
- Eriq Ebouaney as Adewale Markudi
- Aurélien Recoing as Jimenez
- Doudou Masta as Bola Markudi
- Antoine Oppenheim as Tony
- Jo Prestia as José
- Yves Pignot as René
- Adam Pengsawang as Le Tchèque
- Sébastien Peres as Séb
- Laurent Demianoff as Kim
- Alain Figlarz as Le concièrge
- Stéphane Orsolani as Guetteur
- Ali Karamoko as Ali
- Maud Heywang as Quadra
- Marie Vincent as Hélène
- Mohamed Kerriche as Halim
- Vincent Haquin as L'Homme massif
- Laurent Segall as Mathias Rivoallan
- Benjamin Rocher as Teacher's head (uncredited)
- Pierre Zéni as Mourner at funeral (uncredited)
- Emmanuel Lanzi
- Virginie Arnaud
- Christiana Becquet Da Silva
- Jean-François Lenogue
- Patrick Vo
- Olivier Sa
- Mickaël Troude
- Dan Schwarz
- Alain Barbier
- Frédéric Dessains
- Thierry Saelens
- David Genty
- Malki Attar
- Sebastien Soudais
- Sébastien Labie
- Maximilien Poullein
- Cédric Boyer (uncredited)
- Yannick Dahan (uncredited)
- Bruce Henrionnet (uncredited)
- Gauthier Lamothe (uncredited)
- Jimmy Philémond-Montout (uncredited)
- John Tallarida (uncredited)
La horde was shot in Paris, France in 2008 and released in 2009. The film was released in North America in 2010.
The film premiered on August 28, 2009 in London as part of the London FrightFest Film Festival. It had a cinema release with 200 screens in France on February 10, 2010. In December 2009 IFC Films acquired the rights for the U.S. release. It was part of the Sitges Film Festival in 2009. The film had a limited U.S. theatrical release in August 2010.
- "La Horde". The New York Times.
- Rohit Rao (2010-12-21). "The Horde". DVD Talk.
- "La Horde Trailer: French Zombie Film Produced by Xavier Gens". Film Junk.
- "The Horde Moving to Theatres Soon". 28dayslateranalysis.com.
- "Teaser Trailer for "THE HORDE" is Finally here!". Ohmygore.com.
- "First teaser for Yannick Dahan's gangster zombie flick THE HORDE (LA HORDE)". Quietearth.us.
- "New Clip and Website for The Horde". Dreadcentral.com.
- "New Image for LA HORDE (aka THE HORDE)". 24framespersecond.net.
- ZUP fr:Zone à urbaniser en priorité
- "Horror Film to Watch: 'The Horde'". Bloody-disgusting.com.
- Total Film
- "Several Genre Films Garner Awards at Fantasporto Film Festival". Dreadcentral.com.
- "Incredible Film4 FRIGHTFEST lineup announced!". Quietearth.us.
- "Last Minute Recutting of French Zombie Flick 'The Horde'". Bloody-disgusting.com.
- "IFC 'Horde' French Zombie Movie". Ioncinema.com.
- "SITGES 09: And the full lineup includes...". Quietearth.us.
- "New Clip, Website for French Zombie Flick 'The Horde'". Bloody-disgusting.com.