La Mirada High School
|La Mirada High School|
|13520 Adelfa Drive
La Mirada, CA 90638
La Mirada, California, USA
|Type||Public high School|
|School district||Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District|
|Enrollment||2,250 (as of 2010-2011)|
|Color(s)||Midnight Blue and Vegas Gold
|Website||La Mirada High School Website|
La Mirada High School is a public high school in La Mirada, California. It is a member school of the Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District which was built in 1960 as one of three high schools in the district. In 1980, the school merged with Neff High School becoming the only high school in La Mirada.
The school's buildings are arranged in a circular position due to the limited amount of space where it is located. The school also contains a full sized football field and three baseball fields. It is one of a handful of high school tracks equipped to run the steeplechase, due to the adjacency to Biola University (and the fact that the university does not have such a facility).
- Jennie Finch (1998), former softball pitcher for University of Arizona and Team USA.
- Gabrielle LeDoux (1966), lawyer and member of the Alaska House of Representatives
- Amber Riley (2004), actress and singer best known for her role on the Television series Glee as Mercedes Jones.
- Derrick Williams (2009), NBA's second overall pick in the 2011 Draft. He currently plays for the Sacramento Kings.
- "National Center for Education Statistics". Nces.ed.gov. Retrieved 2010-05-23.
- "High School Sports". MaxPreps. Retrieved 2010-05-23.
- "Player Bio: Jennie Finch". University of Arizona. Retrieved 2010-07-15.
- State of Alaska Official Election Pamphlet – November 4, 2014 II. Juneau: Alaska Division of Elections. 2014. p. 59. Retrieved November 7, 2014.
- Dish Of Salt: ‘Glee’ Premiere Party, LA (September 8, 2009) | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos
- "Player Bio: Derrick Williams - University of Arizona Wildcats Official Athletic Site". Arizonawildcats.com. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
|This Los Angeles County school–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|