La Peste Negra
|La Peste Negra|
La Peste Negra (Spanish for "The Black Plague") is a Mexican lucha libre (professional wrestling) rudo, or villainous, group also known as a stable that works for Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL). The core of the group is the Casas wrestling family, which includes members Negro Casas and El Felino and former members Heavy Metal and Princesa Blanca. The group is rounded out by Mr. Niebla and rookies Bárbaro Cavernario and Herodes, Jr.. The group was founded in July 2008 when Mr. Niebla returned to CMLL after working for Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA) and has consistently been used at the main event and semi-main event level in CMLL. Their motto is "be heinous and stinky"
In July 2008 Mr. Niebla returned to Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL) after working for its rival Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA) for over a year. Upon his return to CMLL he formed a group with Negro Casas and Heavy Metal called La Peste Negra (Spanish for "the Black Plague). The group was a rudo (bad guy) group that had a more comical approach to wrestling. The trio started wearing large afro wigs, painting their faces black and dancing during their entrances and generally worked a less serious style of match than unusual, especially for a serious wrestler like Negro Casas. On September 2, 2008 the last Casas brother, El Felino turned rudo as well and joined La Peste Negra. After Felino joined the group Heavy Metal was quietly phased out as he was not comfortable working the comedic style. Felino's wife Princesa Blanca joined the group in January 2009, turning rudo to work with La Peste Negra, the turn led to Princesa Blanca winning the Mexican National Women's Championship from Marcela on January 30, 2009.
La Pesta Negra's main storyline was a feud with CMLL's top tecnico (fan favorite) Místico, a storyline that began in late 2008. At the 2009 Homenaje a Dos Leyendas show Negro Casas defeated Místico to win the CMLL World Welterweight Championship The storyline continued over the summer, with La Peste Negra facing Místico and his various allies. The feud led to Místico and Negro Casas facing off in a Lucha de Apuesta, mask vs. hair match, at the CMLL 76th Anniversary Show, where Casas lost two falls to one and had his hair shaved off as a result. After the match Místico challenged El Felino, Casas' corner man, to a Lucha de Apuesta with their masks on the line, although nothing came of it at the time. Negro Casas would later win the CMLL World Middleweight Championship from El Hijo del Fantasma on February 14, 2010.
In early 2010 El Felino began a storyline feud with La Sombra. The feud began on February 2, 2010 with a singles match between El Felino and La Sombra, after each wrestler won a fall a Puma King, El Felino's son, showed up wearing an El Felino outfit and mask, distracting both the referee and La Sombra long enough for El Felino to land a low blow on La Sombra to win the match. The two met in a Lighting match (a one fall, 10 minute time limit match) on the February 19 CMLL Super Viernes show. Once again Puma King tried to help his father, but this time the referee disqualified El Felino for the transgression. After the main event of the February 20's show between Místico, La Máscara and Negro Casas against Volador, Jr., Último Guerrero and Héctor Garza Místico challengede Volador,Jr. to a Lucha de Apuesta, or bet match, between the two with their masks on the line. During the main event La Sombra came to Volador, Jr's aid while El Felino helped Místico. In the aftermath of the February 20 Super Viernes it was announced that Volador, Jr. and La Sombra would team up and face El Felino and Místico at Homenaje a Dos Leyendas, in a Relevos Suicida match where the first two wrestlers pinned would have to wrestle each other for their masks. At Homenaje a Dos Leyendas El Felino was the first man pinned, followed by La Sombra. After a quick match between the two La Sombra pinned El Felino and forced him to unmask, per lucha libre traditions. Following his mask loss El Felino enjoyed a bit of a resurgence with the fans, cheering him on as he began targeting Místico. The two even wrestled in a singles match which El Felino won, but the storyline was dropped after that.
Peste Con Amour
In early 2010 Mr. Niebla was entered in the first ever Torneo Nacional de Parejas Increibles tournament a tournament where CMLL teams up a Tecnico and a Rudo for a tournament where the teams represent the region they trained in. Mr. Niebla teamed up with the tecnico Máximo, forming a team that was quickly nicknamed La Peste con Amour ("the Love Plague") born from Mr. Niebla being part of La Peste Negra and Máximo's Exótico ring character. In the first round Niebla and Máximo defeated the team of Blue Panther and Misterioso II. La Peste con Amour won when Máximo kissed Panther, distracting him long enough for Mr. Niebla to sneak up behind him to roll him up for the pin fall. In the second round the team faced Atlantis and Máscara Dorada but were defeated when Máximo tried to kiss Atlantis to distract him, but ended up kissing Mr. Niebla instead, making him susceptible to a roll-up and pin fall. Following their exit from the Parejas Incredibles tournament Máximo and Mr. Niebla continued to team up blending both of their comedic styles together for a very entertaining team. The team was originally scheduled to work the 2010 Homenaje a Dos Leyendas show but the booking was reshuffled as Mr. Niebla was forced to take some time off due to a knee injury.
Negro Caras travelled to Japan to work an extended tour for New Japan Pro Wrestling in April and May 2010. During the tour he wrestled several tag team matches against Jushin Liger, ending the tour with a singles match against Liger on May 3, 2010 where he lost the CMLL Middleweight Championship to Liger. In July and August 2010 Rey Bucanero filled in for Mr. Niebla while he was out with a knee injury and teamed up with Negro Casas and El Felino. When he teamed with La Peste Negra Bucanero wore ring gear that looked more like Jack Sparrow from the Pirates of the Caribbean movie series and less like his fellow Guerreros del Atlantia members. He was also given a mascot, a Mini-Estrella wearing a parrot outfit that accompanied him to the ring. In August, 2010 Rey Bucanero announced that he had left Los Guerreros and joined La Peste Negra because his old group was more interested in teaming with Olímpico than him. Over the summer months La Peste Negra began targeting a group known as Los Invasores, with the two groups clashing several times, with focus on La Peste Negra facing the CMLL World Tag Team Champions Mr. Águila and Héctor Garza, in a storyline that may lead to a title match between the two groups in the future. In the aftermatch of the August 13, 2010 Super Viernes Mr. Niebla was added to the cage match main event of the CMLL 77th Anniversary Show, opposite the masked members of Los Invasores, Psicosis II, Histeria, El Alebrije and 10 others. Subsequently CMLL announced a "Trios Match" between the remaining members of La Peste Negra and the co-leaders of Los Invasores (Mr. Águila and Héctor Garza) and Charly Manson for the 77th Anniversary Show as well. Casas made a Lucha de Apuesta, hair vs. hair, challenge to Los Invasores After a match on the August 10, 2010 Super Luchas, which was accepted by Los Invasores. On October 15, 2010, Los Invasores member Charly Manson defeated Negro Casas in a Lucha de Apuesta to take his hair. The loss was avenged on December 3 at Sin Piedad 2010, where Rey Bucanero defeated Los Invasores leader Mr. Águila in another Lucha de Apuesta. In April 2011 Bucanero left La Peste Negra to form a new group with El Texano, Jr. and El Terrible.
La Nueva Peste Negra
In January 2014, the Casas began teaming with El Felino's sons Puma King and Tiger, leading to Niebla launching a new Peste Negra with rookie wrestlers Bárbaro Cavernario and Herodes, Jr. Though it initially seemed that the original La Peste Negra had broken into two, El Felino and Negro Casas resumed teaming with Mr. Niebla the following month, forming a new five-man version of the stable. On February 14, Niebla and Cavernario defeated Soberano Jr. and Volador Jr. in the finals to win the 2014 Torneo Gran Alternativa. On February 18, Casas, El Felino and Niebla defeated La Máscara, Rush and Titán to win the Mexican National Trios Championship.
Championships and accomplishments
- Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre
- CMLL World Middleweight Championship (1 time) – Casas
- CMLL World Welterweight Championship (1 time) – Casas
- Mexican National Trios Championship (1 time, current) – Casas, Felino and Niebla
- Mexican National Women's Championship (1 time) – Blanca
- NWA World Historic Welterweight Championship (1 time) – Casas
- CMLL Torneo Gran Alternativa (2014) – Cavernario and Niebla
- CMLL Torneo Nacional de Parejas Increibles (2012) – Niebla and Atlantis
Lucha de Apuesta record
|Hair||Místico||Negro Casas||Mexico City||September 19, 2008||At the CMLL 76th Anniversary Show|
|Mask||La Sombra||El Felino||Mexico City||March 19, 2010||At the 2010 Homenaje a Dos Leyendas[Note 1]|
|Hair||Charly Manson||Negro Casas||Mexico City||October 15, 2010|||
|Hair||Rey Bucanero||Mr. Águila||Mexico City||December 3, 2010|||
- Gutiérrez, Ana (July 13, 2009). "La Vision del Negro Casas". Fuergo en el Ring (in Spanish). Retrieved August 21, 2009.
- polazky (January 31, 2009). "Resultados Arena México (30 en 08)". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved August 21, 2009.
- Manuel Flores and Manuel Rivera (March 23, 2009). "Cayó la máscara de Villano V". SuperLuchas (in Spanish) (Mexico). pp. 3–7. 307.
- Marquina, Alva (September 18, 2009). "76 Aniversario del CMLL (Cobertura y Resultados en vivo 18 septiembre 2009) – Místico vs Negro Casas – Máscara vs Cabellera". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved September 19, 2009.
- Ruiz Glez, Alex (February 15, 2010). "Negro Casas nuevo campeón Mundial Medio del CMLL". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved February 16, 2010.
- Lopez, Gonzalo (February 3, 2010). "Felino al Doube". Fuego en el Ring (in Spanish). Retrieved February 28, 2010.
- "En duelo por máscaras Místico y Volador Jr" (in Spanish). SDP Noticias. February 20, 2010. Retrieved February 21, 2010.
- Rosas, Arturo Plata (February 20, 2010). "La Maldad en todo su esplendor". Ovaciones (in Spanish) (Mexico, D.F.: Editorial Ovaciones, S. A. de C.V.). p. 23. Número 21866 Año LXIII. Retrieved February 21, 2010.[dead link]
- Ocampo, Jorge (March 4, 2010). "Cartel CMLL: Homenaje a dos Leyendas 2010 – Caerá una máscara". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved March 5, 2010.
- Marquina, Alva (March 19, 2010). "CMLL- Arena México (Cobertura y Resultados 19 marzo 2010) – Felino y Místico vs. Volador Jr. y Sombra por las máscaras". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved March 20, 2010.
- Velazquez, Israel (March 27, 2010). "Resultados Arena México (26 marzo 2010): Felino, ídolo rudo. Sombra, ignorado". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved March 31, 2010.
- Rivera, Manuel (April 17, 2010). "Resultados Arena México (16 abril 10): ¡Pólvora, primer finalista de La Gran Alternativa! ¡Felino venció a Místico!". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved April 17, 2010.
- Velazquez, Istrael (January 23, 2010). "CMLL en la Arena México (Viernes 22 de enero 2010) – ¿Místico se vuelve rudo?". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved February 26, 2010.
- Velazquez, Israel (January 25, 2010). "Místico, irudisimo!". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). pp. 3–5. issue 348. Retrieved February 24, 2009.
- Rivera, Luis Manuel (February 21, 2010). "A la mala, Volador rescató el cinturón". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). pp. 3–5. issue 352. Retrieved February 24, 2009.
- Flores, Manuel (May 3, 2010). "Jushin Liger, nuevo campeón mundial medio del CMLL – Nakamura pierde el título IWGP". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved May 3, 2010.
- Ruiz Glez, Alex (August 15, 2010). "Liger, Atlantis, Mr. Niebla y Ultimo Guerrero entran al Juicio final del CMLL". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved August 16, 2010.
- Ruiz Glez, Alex (August 19, 2010). "Listo el cartel del 77 Aniversario del CMLL "El Juicio Final" en la Arena México". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved August 21, 2010.
- Velazquez, Israel (October 16, 2010). "Resultados Arena México: "Entre el cielo y el infierno" (15 de octubre 2010): ¡Gracias a Tirantes, el Negro pelón!". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved November 7, 2010.
- Ruiz Glez, Alex (December 3, 2010). "CMLL "Sin Piedad 2010" (cobertura y resultados 3 de diciembre del 2010) Eléctrico gana la máscara de Pequeño Warrior- Rey Bucanero gana la cabellera de Mr. Águila". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved December 4, 2010.
- Boutwell, Josh (May 6, 2011). "Viva La Raza! Lucha Weekly". WrestleView. Retrieved May 7, 2011.
- Johnson, Mike (January 27, 2014). "The Lucha Report". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- "Vuelve la Peste Negra original". MedioTiempo (in Spanish). February 10, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- "Resultados - Viernes 14 de Febrero '14". Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (in Spanish). February 15, 2014. Archived from the original on February 15, 2014. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- Granados, Sandra (February 19, 2014). "¡ Nuevos Campeones Nacionales de Tríos ! La Peste Negra se corona en la México". Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (in Spanish). Archived from the original on February 19, 2014. Retrieved February 19, 2014.
- "Torneo Nacional de Parejas Increibles 2012". Pro Wrestling History. February 17, 2012 – March 2, 2012. Retrieved October 8, 2010.