La Poste (France)
|Type||Public limited company|
|Area served||France, Monaco, Andorra|
|Services||Letter post, parcel service, EMS, delivery, freight forwarding, third-party logistics|
|Owner(s)||Government of France (100%)|
La Poste is the mail service of France, which also operates postal services in the French Overseas Departments of Réunion, Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Guiana and Mayotte, and the territorial collectivitiy of Saint Pierre and Miquelon. It is headquartered in the 15th arrondissement of Paris. La Poste postage stamps are valid for use in the Overseas Departments, but not in the Territorial Collectivities, which issue their own stamps, separate from metropolitan France. It also operates the postal service in Monaco, while in Andorra, it operates postal services alongside those of Spain.
Mail delivery 
La Poste carries a part of the mail in Metropolitan France using a special yellow trainset SNCF TGV La Poste, which travels at night between Paris, Mâcon and Cavaillon. The train makes 6 daily round-trips.
Parcels and Express (GeoPost) 
Other activities 
In addition to postal services, it also offers banking services (with La Banque Postale) and, via Chronopost, courier services. After the government, La Poste is the second largest employer in France. It also offers webmail, providing @laposte.net email addresses and hosts approximately 1.6 million active email accounts.
- "Contact Us." La Poste. Retrieved on 22 December 2010. "La Poste laposte.com V603 44 bd de Vaugirard 75015 Paris – France"
- "Mentions légales." La Poste. Retrieved on 22 December 2010. "Siège social : 44 boulevard de Vaugirard - 75757 PARIS CEDEX 15."
- “GeoPost and La Poste Group,” GeoPost (Global express parcel). Retrieved 25-04-2013.
- (French) "Troubles with webmail migration". www.arobase.org. 2007-07-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: La Poste (France)|
- La Poste Mail services
- La Poste website (French)
- Postal Services in France - at Discover France (English)