La Salle College Antipolo
|La Salle College Antipolo|
|Kolehiyong La Salle Antipolo|
|Motto||Teaching minds. Touching Hearts. Transforming Lives.|
|Affiliation||Roman Catholic, Lasallian|
|President||Br. Victor Franco FSC|
|Location||1985 La Salle Avenue, San Luis, Antipolo City, Rizal, Philippines|
|Hymn||De La Salle Alma Mater Hymn|
|Colors||Green And White|
La Salle College Antipolo, or La Salle Antipolo, is a Lasallian educational institution located in Antipolo City, Rizal, in the Philippines. It was founded as La Salle School by Br. Rolando Dizon FSC, a past President of De La Salle University-Manila, in 1986.
Construction of the school begun on March 16, 1985. During this time, Kindergarten to Fourth Grade classes were temporarily held at La Salle Green Hills as construction was delayed because of the costs and logistics that were involved in building a school on a mountain.
Classes were transferred to the Antipolo campus on January 13, 1986 and were housed in two buildings. A third building was completed in the summer of 1987, with a fourth one completed in 1989. The school's St. Benilde Multi-purpose Hall was finished in 1991, while the high school and laboratory-library buildings were completed in 1994.
The Tertiary Education Unit was launched on year 1998, BS in Education and BS in Accountancy were the pioneer courses that time.
In 2006, La Salle College became part of De La Salle Philippines, Inc.
Basic Education Unit Strengths
- Integrated Curriculum
- Excellent academic programs
- Air-conditioned Classrooms and Libraries
- Internet Access
- Competitive Athletic Program
- Comprehensive reach-out program
- Qualified teachers
- Environment conductive for learning—far from maddening crowds
La Salle College/Tertiary Education Unit Facilities
The school is now called La Salle College, Antipolo City, since Antipolo is separated from La Salle College as not to relate the school only to the City of Antipolo but also to everyone. At present it caters to students from different parts of Rizal and Metro Manila.
The TEU population grew rapidly. However, some courses were dissolved, and now the college offers six undergraduate courses namely:
- Bachelor of Science major in Elementary Education A Bachelor of Science degree in Education with a concentration in Elementary Teaching typically attracts students who love working with children, have a high energy level, and take pride and satisfaction in helping children make accomplishments and reach their goals. Good teachers can evaluate the learning styles and special needs of their classes, prepare and deliver engaging lesson plans, use assessment tools effectively and provide a supportive learning environment.
- Bachelor of Science major in Secondary Education Bachelor of Science/Education students complete two degrees in less time than if each was studied separately. The BSc degree provides the content knowledge for two teaching areas whilst the BEd (Sec) provides the necessary skills, knowledge and practical experiences required for teacher registration and employment. The Bachelor of Science/Education degree offers a wide range of teaching area (BSc major) options. Students benefit from a thorough preparation for their teaching areas combined with, and informed by, their professional studies in the area of education.
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication The Communication Arts Program in Production is designed to introduce the student to the media – particularly print, film, radio, photography and television. The specific objectives are:
- To introduce the students to media history, criticism, and theory.
- To create an environment conducive to a practical experience of media production
- To expose the students to the realities of Philippine mass media
- To challenge the students to explore the developmental role of media in society.
With these objectives in mind, the program in production consists of theoretical and practical courses. The regular LIA major is trained to integrate the following areas of production: photography, film and video, print and broadcast.
- Minor in Education
- Bachelor of Science major in Accountancy The Accountancy program has a retention policy which becomes a challenge to prospective students. It has never received a warning from CHED with regards to closure of some accountancy school.
- Bachelor of Science major in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science major in Hospitality Management
- Major in Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Major in Tourism
- Bachelor of Science major in Psychology
- Minor in Education
Each year La Salle College sends outstanding 3rd year students of HRM to study in De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde for a term, particularly in Angelo King International Center.
Recently, La Salle College celebrated its 25th year anniversary entitled "Domine Opus Tuum: The Work Continues As We Thrive at 25".
La Salle College holds varsity teams for basketball, football, baseball, taekwondo, badminton, futsal, volleyball, and table tennis.
- 4th year of WNCAA(4th place overall)
- 39th season(2nd runner up)
- 20th season(3rd runner up)
Bronco 6th place, Tony 4th place, 3rd place Pony
- Table Tennis:
- RIFA Football Team
top in the North division (Last Year Fourth Place)
- Basketball, Volleyball, Football
- The Sports program of La Salle College is greatly improving through the years. The program had captured back-to-back WNCAA titles for badminton junior's division in 2006-2008. The football boy's grade school team had won the DLSZ Football Fiesta championship (boys 13 division) in 2007. The team also took home the championship in the 2007 CALABARZON Regional championship.
- The taekwondo, volleyball, futsal and girl's basketball teams had won 2nd Runner-up finishes in the 38th season of the WNCAA. While the table tennis team took home the 1st Runner-up title of the WNCAA in 2006.
- The badminton team also took home championships in Toby's and Yonex badminton tourneys.
Contact Info and Map
Address: 1985 La Salle Ave., Town & Country Heights, San Luis, Antipolo City 1870 Rizal Telephone Number: Offices/ Landline / Mobile LSCA Offices 9669807 / 0917-5386933 Admission and Scholarships Admin. Office 6246269 / 09175188825 BEU Principal’s Office 6249189 / 09175188835 CGCS 6249189 / 09175386959 Finance Office 9669806 / 09175386942 Health Services 9669810 / 09175386955 Human Resource Management Office 9669805 / 09175386935 MaRMO 9669804 / 09175386928 Office of Student Affairs 9669809 / 09175386951 Office of the Administrative Services 4018404 Office of the President 9669808 / 09175386948 / 4018404 Security and Transportation Services 6249188 / 09175188845 TEU Dean’s Office 6249188 / 09175188845 Rodel Banez (Information Technology Service Unit) 6246269 / 09175188825
Map of La Salle College Antipolo
•The girls soccer team (grade school) have won 2nd place in the DLSZ cup this 2010. The team also have won champion in RIFA (2nd division).