La Salle High School (Pasadena, California)
|La Salle College Preparatory High School|
|3880 East Sierra Madre Boulevard
Pasadena, California, (Los Angeles County), 91107
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Color(s)||Navy, Red and White|
|Athletics||Baseball, basketball, cross-country, football, golf, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis, track and field, volleyball, water polo|
|Mascot||Lancer Knight on horseback wielding a lancer sword.|
|Rival||Maranatha High School|
|Accreditation||Western Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Average SAT scores||Math: 545,
|Alumni||over 5,000 alumni population|
Approximately 75 students take the AP exams each year, with a 70% pass rate in the last three years.
Other academic highlights include the Academic Decathlon, Leadership for Student Life, Independent Study, Scholar's Thesis and the Teacher Assistant Program.
Clubs & Organizations
- Animal Heroes
- Anime Club
- Aquinas Club
- Astronomy Club
- California Scholarship Federation
- Chess Club
- Comic Book Club
- Cultural Awareness Club
- Film & Theatre Club
- Habitat for Humanity Club
- Helping Humanity
- Japanese Club
- Junior Statesmen of America Club
- Lancer Pride Club
- Magic Club
- Mock Trial Club
- Model United Nations
- National Honors Society
- Pi Alpha Chi Service Society
- Pass It On Organization
- Robotics Club
- Science National Honors Society
- Science Outreach Organization
- Spanish Club
- Spanish National Honors Society
- Support Our Troops
La Salle offers 49 athletic teams. Within each sport, there are at least two levels of competition: junior varsity and varsity. The junior varsity team focuses on skill development, motivation, teamwork, and positive attitude. Lancer athletics have won 10 CIF Championships. More than 15 graduates have returned to coach athletic teams at La Salle. Sports include:
- Baseball (Boys)
- Basketball (Boys & Girls)
- Cheer (Co-Ed)
- Cross Country (Boys & Girls)
- Football (Co-Ed)
- Golf (Boys & Girls)
- Soccer (Boys & Girls)
- Softball (Girls)
- Swimming (Boys & Girls)
- Tennis (Boys & Girls)
- Track (Boys & Girls)
- Volleyball (Boys & Girls)
- Water Polo (Boys & Girls)
Students that apply to La Salle must subimit their score from the HSPT (High School Placement Test).
La Salle's Admissions Committee examine the following criteria:
- Sixth, seventh and first semester eighth grade scores
- STS/HSPT results
- Recommendations by current principal or teachers
While being Catholic can help one gain admittance to La Salle, it is not required as approximately two thirds of the student population is non-Catholic. Once students are accepted no distinction is made between Catholics and non-Catholics.
La Salle receives approximately 300-500 applications per year. In 2006, approximately 20% of applicants were admitted.
- Tuition: $18,000
- Registration Fee: $500
- Student Services Fees: $400
Program & Campus Development Fee: $50 Emergency Supply Fee (Incoming students only): $30 Graduation Fee (Seniors): $275
Tuition is payable on one of the following plans:
- Monthly: June through May
- Quarterly: June, September, December, March
- Semi-Annually: June, December
- Annually: June
Payments are due on the 1st of each month for the plan chosen. Choice of payment plan must be made at the time of registration and cannot be changed.
Financial Aid applications are available starting in December in the Finance Office.
Tuition, registration, student services, and graduation fees are non-refundable.
- James Roosevelt, Jr. (lawyer) 1963 graduate and grandson of President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- Jason Ybarra, graduated La Salle in the class of 1994. Actor/stuntman on the popular children's TV show and movies Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
- Radio personality Phil Hendrie, attended in the early 1970s.
- Chase Rettig, Boston College Starting Quarterback 2010-11
- Bill Quirk (1963) California State Assemblymember, representing California's 20th State Assembly district
- Queen of the Tournament of Roses Megan Oakes (Chinen) 2004
- Queen of the Tournament of Roses Queen Camille Clark 2006
- WASC-ACS. "WASC-Accrediting Commission for Schools". Retrieved 2009-06-05.
- "School Profile". La Salle High School. Retrieved 19 September 2013.