La Salle High School Multan
|La Salle Higher Secondary School, Multan|
|Chungi No. 9, Bosan Road
Multan, Punjab, Pakistan
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic
Church of Pakistan
|Founders||Bishop F.B Cialeo, OP|
|LEA||Catholic Board of Education, Multan|
|Administration||Catholic Board of Education|
|Principal||Bro. Lawrence Manuel (1986-2007)|
|Age||3 to 18|
|Affiliations||Roman Catholic Diocese of Multan|
The La Salle Higher Secondary School, Multan is a missionary and an English-language private school in Multan, Punjab, Pakistan. Built in 1960, it is one of the oldest educational institutions in Multan.
In the 1940s Bishop F.B Cialeo, OP, first Bishop of Multan requested the La Salle Brothers to run this school in Multan.
The La Salle High School Multan is one of the missionary institutions that were initiated by Sir John Baptist De La Salle (the founder of the La Sallian community).
Rev. Bro. Lawrence Manuel was the longest serving principal of La Salle Higher Secondary School, Multan, i.e. from 1986 to 2007. The current principal is Bro. Zafar Daud.
The principal of the school said that Christian educational institutions have contributed a lot in nurturing the country's leadership. He was responding to Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif's June 9, 2008 promise to make Punjab a 100 percent literate province by 2010.
The school's most prominent alumnus is Yousaf Raza Gilani, ex-prime minister of Pakistan. Brother Emmanuel Nicholas who taught Gilani in the 1960s, was reunited with his student during a South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation meeting in Colombo in March 2008. In 2011, he recommended to the President of Pakistan that Bro. Emmanuel be given the Tamgha-i-Pakistan (Medal of Pakistan) for services he had rendered towards the uplift of the poor in Pakistan. The medal was awarded to him on March 23, 2012, at the Pakistan High Commission in Colombo.
The other branches of the school in Pakistan are as follows:
- La Salle Higher Secondary School, Chungi No. 9, Bosan Rd, Multan
- Hostel (Oliver Hall)
- Alban Boys/Girls High School Multan.
- Youth Centre
- La Salle colony, Behind Rasheedbad Multan
- La Salle High School, People’s Colony 1, Faisalabad
- La Salle Urdu School
- Benildus Boys Hostel
- La Salle Middle School Sant Singh Wala
- La Salle School Gokhowal
- St Catherine’s Primary
- La Salle Railway Colony
Don Bosco Home for Boys, c/o St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Shahrah-e-Iraq, Karachi - 74400
- La Salle House, Chak 51 G.B., Khushpur, District Faisalabad
- Catechist Training Centre
- Catholic Hostel for Boys
- La Salle High School
- Benildus Literacy Centre
Marie Adelaide Rehabilitation Centre, Umeed Goth, Sinjhoro 68220, Dist. Sanghar, Sindh
There is a three-house system in the school. All houses participate in the activities and competitions of the school. Students are sorted into the houses by dividing roll/admission numbers with 3. The application of this house system can be seen particularly on the Sports Day.
- Jinnah House (Green)
- Iqbal House (Red)
- Liaquat House (Blue)
- LaSalle our Alma Mater dear,
- We greet thee with a loyal cheer,
- And raise aloft in a azure sky,
- The blue and gold of LaSalle high.
- With thee our mentor, thee our guide,
- Let's beat a path in earnest stride,
- To drink deep draughts and wisdoms's sprin,
- The glorious strife of life to win.
- Leal sons of the LaSallian fold,
- We pledge thine honour to uphold,
- And neath thy rule with youthful zeal,
- In joy we'll shoulder duty's wheel.
- If truth's bright beacon light our way,
- From virtue's path we'll never stray,
- For cause of right we'll ever stand,
- Yea true to God and Fatherland.
Words & Music by : Rev. Bro. Marcus
Rev. Bro. Lawrence Manuel was the longest serving principal of La Salle Higher Secondary School, Multan, i.e. from 1986 to 2007. The current principal is Bro. Zafar Daud X-man Rehmani.
|1960||1965||6||Rev. Bro. Harding Mulqueen|
|1965||1968||4||Rev. Bro. Oliver Perera|
|1968||1969||2||Rev. Bro. Athanasius Navarre|
|1969||1970||2||Rev. Bro. Maurice Jayaraja|
|1970||1972||3||Rev. Bro. Athanasius Navarre|
|1972||1973||2||Rev. Bro. Oliver Perera|
|1973||1976||4||Rev. Bro. Emmanuel Nicholas|
|1976||1978||3||Rev. Bro. Anselm Mankovecky|
|1979||1982||4||Rev. Bro. Raymund Samarasinghe|
|1982||1986||5||Rev. Bro. Gilbert Joseph Gill|
|1986||2007||22||Rev. Bro. Lawrence Manuel|
|2007||2013||7||Rev. Bro. Zafar Daud|
- Sports including cricket, BasketBall, Table Tennis, Badminton, Football.
- Board Games (includes Chess)
- Movie Club
- Music (includes Singing)
- Nature Watch
- Science Club
- Chess Society
- Computer Society
- Debating Society (English)
- Debating Society (Urdu)
- Dramatics Club (English)
- Dramatics Club (Urdu)
- Islamic Society
- Science Society