La Shawn K. Ford
|La Shawn Ford|
|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 8th district
|Preceded by||Calvin Giles|
La Shawn K. Ford is a Democratic member of the Illinois House of Representatives, representing the 8th District since 2007. After earning a B.S. in Education from Loyola University Chicago, he taught history and coached basketball in the Chicago Public School system. He is currently a real estate entrepreneur, founder of Ford Desired Real Estate.
On November 29, 2012, Ford was indicted on charges of bank fraud alleging he provided misleading evidence to obtain a $500,000 extension on a line of credit. The charges state he used the money for personal expenses rather than rehabilitating an owned property, as stated in the loan documentation.
- $3,000 from AFL-CIO
- $2,650 from AFSCME
- $200 from Illinois Education Association
- $2,500 from the Illinois Federation of Teachers
- $7,000 from the Chicago Teachers Union
- $1,000 from Service Employees International Union
- Staff. "Rep. LaShawn Ford indicted on bank fraud charges". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- "Candidate Summary - La Shawn K. Ford", National Institute on Money in State Politics, 2 Dec 2012
- Representative LaShawn Ford (D) 8th District at the Illinois General Assembly
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- La Shawn Ford at Illinois House Democrats
|This article about an Illinois politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|