The Family (1987 film)
|Directed by||Ettore Scola|
|Produced by||Franco Committeri|
|Written by||Ruggero Maccari
|Music by||Armando Trovajoli|
|Editing by||Francesco Malvestito|
|Release dates||January 22, 1987 (Italy)
December 1987 (U.S.)
|Running time||127 minutes|
The Family (Italian: La famiglia) is an Italian award-winning 1987 film, directed by Ettore Scola and starred by Vittorio Gassman, Fanny Ardant, Philippe Noiret and Stefania Sandrelli. It was entered into the 1987 Cannes Film Festival.
It is the portrait of a bourgeois Italian family seen through the eyes of Carlo, an old retired professor who is the last patriarch of his family. The memoirs of Carlo characterizes the entire film, from the time of the Belle Epoque until the eighties, through two world wars, the economic boom, love, friendship and all the events which constitute human life.
All without changing their place of action: the film unfolds all around the apartment bought by the grandfather of Carlo.
The family and its dynastic succession and with his habits.
- Vittorio Gassman as Carlo, as a man / Carlo's grandfather
- Stefania Sandrelli as Beatrice
- Andrea Occhipinti as Carlo as a young man
- Fanny Ardant as Adriana
- Philippe Noiret as Jean Luc
- Carlo Dapporto as Giulio, as a man
- Massimo Dapporto as Giulio, as a boy
- Sergio Castellitto: Carletto
- Ricky Tognazzi: Paolino
- Ottavia Piccolo as Adelina
- Athina Cenci as Aunt Margherita
- Emanuele Lamaro as Carlo, as a child
- Cecilia Dazzi as Beatrice, as a girl
- Jo Champa as Adriana as a young woman
- Joska Versari as Giulio, as a child
- Alberto Gimignani as Giulio, as a boy
- Dagmar Lassander: Marika
- "Festival de Cannes: La famiglia". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-07-19.
|This 1980s drama film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to an Italian film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|