The Pajama Girl Case
|The Pajama Girl Case|
Italian theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Flavio Mogherini|
|Produced by||Giorgio Salvioni|
|Written by||Flavio Mogherini
Rafael Sánchez Campoy
Dalila Di Lazzaro
|Music by||Riz Ortolani|
|Edited by||Adriano Tagliavia|
|Release dates||31 December 1977|
|Running time||103 min.|
The film is based on a real story, one of Australia's most known unsolved murder mysteries, the "Pyjama Girl" case. It was filmed in Australia and produced by studio Zodiac Produzioni, in co-operation with Producciones Internacionales Cinematográficas Asociadas (PICASA).
The soundtrack album La ragazza dal pigiama giallo was released in Italy in 1978, and consisted of the instrumental score by composer Riz Ortolani as well as two songs with vocals by Amanda Lear: the theme tune "Your Yellow Pyjama" and "Look at Her Dancing".
The film consists of two parallel narratives. One tells about an investigation of a murder of a girl, whose severely burned body has been found on a beach in Sydney. The police have a suspect in the murder, but the retired inspector Thompson is convinced they are wrong and continues his own investigation. The second is a story of a young Dutch girl Glenda and her partner, an Italian Antonio. Although they are in relationship, Glenda keeps seeing other men.
- Ray Milland: inspector Thompson
- Dalila Di Lazzaro: Glenda Blythe
- Michele Placido: Antonio Attolini
- Mel Ferrer: Professor Henry Douglas
- Howard Ross: Roy Conner
- Ramiro Oliveros: inspector Ramsey
- Rod Mullinar: inspector Morris
- Giacomo Assandri: Quint
- Eugene Walter: Dorsey
- Fernando Fernán Gómez
- Shaun Anderson (6 January 2011). "The Pyjama Girl Case (1977)". The Celluloid Highway. sonofcelluloid.blogspot.co.uk. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- Donald Guarisco. "La Ragazza Dal Pigiama Giallo - Review". All Media Network. www.allmovie.com. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- "LA RAGAZZA DAL PIGIAMA GIALLO 1978 Italy". amandalear.tripod.com (in Italian). web.archive.org. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
|This article related to an Italian film of the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|