|Directed by||Roberto Bianchi Montero|
|Produced by||Guido Paolucci|
|Written by||Mario Amendola|
|Edited by||Ettore Salvi|
|16 August 1959|
La sceriffa (The Sheriff) is a 1959 Italian Western comedy in black-and-white, directed by Roberto Bianchi Montero. It stars Italian comedy star Ugo Tognazzi. It is considered one of the earliest Spaghetti Western films. It was released on 16 August 1959. The film starred several comedians and spawned a number of western comedies which followed.
A sheriff is killed and his widow (Tina Pica) takes up his job to find the killers.
- Tina Pica as Carmela Esposito, 'la Sceriffa'
- Ugo Tognazzi as Colorado Joe
- Livio Lorenzon as Jimmy Jesse
- Tino Scotti as The Judge
- Alberto Sorrentino as Brutto Tempo - the native American
- Anita Todesco as Nuvola Rosa - Brutto Tempo's Daughter
- Carlo Pisacane as Nick
- Carlo Sposito as Gennarino - aka Gen
- Annie Alberti as Connie Dallas
- Franco Balducci as Jimmy Jesse's Brother
- Stelio Candelli as Bruno Carotenuto
- Elio Crovetto as Jack - the Texan drunk
- Tina De Mola as Dolly - the singer
- Fanfulla as Ciccio - Sceriffa's assistant
- Giraldi, Massimo; Lancia, Enrico; Melelli, Fabio (2006). 100 caratteristi del cinema italiano: gli interpreti "minori" che hanno fatto grande il nostro cinema. Gremese Editore. p. 109. ISBN 978-88-8440-383-4. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- Fridlund, Bert (2006). The spaghetti Western: a thematic analysis. McFarland & Co. p. 7. ISBN 978-0-7864-2507-5. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
|This 1950s Western film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to an Italian film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|