Lab Rats (TV series)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012)|
|Created by||Chris Peterson
Tyrel Jackson Williams
|Theme music composer||Niclas Molinder
|Opening theme||"Lab Rats" performed by DJ Lunar and B.I.A|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||56 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Chris Peterson
|Location(s)||Hollywood Center Studios
Los Angeles Center Studios
|Running time||21 minutes|
|Production company(s)||It's a Laugh Productions
Disney XD Original Productions
|Original channel||Disney XD|
|Original run||February 27, 2012– present|
Lab Rats is an American television sitcom that premiered on February 27, 2012 on Disney XD, which focuses on the life of teenager Leo Dooley, whose mother, Tasha, marries billionaire genius Donald Davenport. He meets Adam, Bree, and Chase (Davenport's latest projects), with whom he develops an immediate friendship. The series was created by Chris Peterson and Bryan Moore On January 15, 2011, Billy Unger, who plays Chase, stated that the series was originally called Billion Dollar Freshman. However, the pilot was re-shot, with the changing of the name to Lab Rats, and the addition of Bree, the only girl of the group. On May 18, 2012, Lab Rats was renewed for a second season. On July 26, 2013, Disney XD renewed Lab Rats for a third season. According to Spencer Boldman on Twitter, Lab Rats got renewed for a fourth season, which makes it the second Disney XD Original Series to go past 3 seasons, after Kickin' It. 
When Leo's mother gets remarried to a billionaire inventor named Donald Davenport, they move in with him. When trying to find his bedroom, Leo accidentally discovers teenage siblings with bionic powers living in his new basement. Leo takes them to school for the first time and the show follows the bionic teens as they unravel in adventurous situations in an attempt to live life like a normal family in the town of Mission Creek, California. As the show progresses in seasons 2 & 3 it gets a bit darker with the destruction of the lab and the introduction of Marcus Davenport, Douglas Davenport, and Victor Krane.
- Chase Davenport (Billy Unger), is the sixteen-year-old team leader and the youngest of the three. He has incredible intelligence and is able to access a vast database of information at any time. Chase can take control over his siblings with his override app in emergencies. He also has a magnetic app. His senses are extremely powerful, including extremely-sensitive hearing and able to see through solid matter. He can also create force-fields, which can be used as a weapon by shrinking them into his hand before launching them. When growing too nervous or angry, he glitches to produce a second personality (dubbed "Spike") that is rude and destructive. A second glitch causes him to produce a sonic sneeze (dubbed "Snot Cannon") when his nose is irritated too much. One of his hidden powers is to manipulate energy around objects to freely move them (dubbed "Molecular Kinesis"). Another hidden ability is to levitate himself. In Bionic Showdown, it is revealed that Marcus's 'dad', Douglas Davenport (Donald Davenport's younger brother) is Chase's 'creator,' not Donald. In Zip It, Chase and Bree got a part-time job at Tech Store.
- Adam Davenport (Spencer Boldman), is the eighteen-year-old lab rat with super-human strength but is also somewhat dim-witted. He has laser vision that can produce focused yet intense heat beams. When he gets too happy, he can glitch, causing him to create pulse grenades from his hands. His first hidden ability revealed is to generate a powerful force blast of electricity. In Bionic Showdown, it is revealed that Marcus's 'dad', Douglas Davenport (Donald Davenport's younger brother) is Adam's 'creator'. In Sink or Swim, it is revealed that Adam has the ability to breathe underwater. He also has an obsessive love for food.
- Bree Davenport (Kelli Berglund), is the seventeen-year-old lab rat who can move at over 400-miles per hour, create a "sonic-cyclone" by spinning fast, jump exceptionally high, and stick to walls and ceilings. Her speed also grants her equally great dexterity, letting her perform feats like typing with just as much speed. One of her hidden powers is to perfectly replicate any voice or sound she has heard at least once. She is stronger, more agile, and less prone to injury than normal people. When getting too nervous, her sound-mimicking power will cause her to randomly use any/all of them at once. Bree is also the only member in the group to ever question how Principal Perry still has her job despite everything she's done. In Bionic Showdown, it is revealed that Marcus's 'dad', Douglas Davenport (Donald Davenport's younger brother) is Bree's bionic 'creator'. In Zip It, Bree and Chase got a part-time job at Tech Store. Bree destroys her chip in Three Minus Bree after getting frustrated that she couldn't go to a concert with Catlin. But after finding out Adam and Chase almost died on a mission because she didn't have her abilities to help she realized that she was being selfish and asked Donald to make a new chip. Unfortunately being that Douglas was the one who made their chips, Donald cant repair it leaving Bree with no bionics. But when Leo goes to Douglas for help in Which Father Knows Best, he and Donald worked together and repaired her chip.
- Leo Dooley (Tyrel Jackson Williams) is the fifteen-year-old teen without any abilities. He is considered a social outcast considering his small amount of friends. He accidentally discovers the lab and the Rats after he and his mom move in with Davenport and finds them, as well as Davenport's invention, to be incredibly cool and quickly forms a sibling bond with the Rats. Donald distrusts Leo due to the accidental destruction he causes. In "Missin the mission" Leo finally proves himself to Donald and becomes the Lab Rats' mission specialist. He's also the one who discovers Marcus's true intentions and battles him in Bionic Showdown in the Exoskeleton (although he is quickly overpowered and defeated by the stronger Marcus). In the Season 2 finale No Going Back, he and Donald are later trapped in the lab's elevator after Douglas blew up the lab. In Sink or Swim, Leo and Donald are freed from the elevator when Leo switched on the emergency switch. Secretly, in the episode, You Posted What!?! Douglas Davenport gives Leo bionics.
- Donald Davenport (Hal Sparks) is a thirty-nine year old billionaire inventor and Leo's step-father. He is the father-figure and seemingly the creator to all of the Lab Rats, but it is later revealed that Douglas is the true 'father' (creator; they are genetically engineered; their biological parentage remains unclear) of Adam, Bree, and Chase. He usually seems self-centered, childish and a bit selfish, however he does care about Leo and the Lab Rats. He may have been the only one to believe Leo when he said Marcus is evil. Bionic Showdown, after he and the Rats are captured by Douglas, Davenport confesses to them that Douglas was the one who created them. When he learned about Douglas's evil plan to turn them into dangerous bionic soldiers, he hid them in the lab to protect them. After the events in Bionic Showdown, the Lab Rats tell Davenport that he is their true father whether or not Douglas was the one who made them. In the Season 2 finale No Going Back, Donald went broke because the now-freed Douglas maxed out his credit cards, hacked everything in Davenport industries, and withdrew all of Donald's money from the bank. He and Leo are later trapped in the lab's elevator after Douglas blew up the lab. In Sink or Swim, Donald and Leo are freed from the elevator when Leo switched on the emergency switch. In The Jet Wing, he did a death defying stunt to raise money to make a new lab. In Mission: Mission Creek High, he has officially made a new lab, re-installed Eddy and became rich again when he made a contract with the Government to make a rocket system to protect the Earth from rogue asteroids.
Note: The names of the Lab Rats—Adam, Bree and Chase—imply that they were originally known as subjects A, B and C. This is further shown by the fact that Adam (Subject A), was born first, followed by Bree (Subject B), and finally Chase (Subject C).
- Tasha (Angel Parker) is Leo's mom, Donald's wife, and a TV reporter. She also acts as a mother figure for Adam, Bree, and Chase, but mostly Bree, because she is the only girl in the house. She has appeared in Crush, Chop and Burn, Leo's Jam, Rats on a Train, Exoskeleton vs. Grandma, Bionic Birthday Fail, Can I Borrow the Helicopter?, Drone Alone, Chore Wars, Dude, Where's My Lab?, Night of the Living Virus, Mission Invisible, Speed Trapped, The Rats Strike Back, Parallel Universe, Leo vs. Evil, Trucked Out, Memory Wipe, Avalanche, Prank You Very Much, Twas the Mission Before Christmas, No Going Back, Sink or Swim, The Jet Wing, Zip It, Scramble the Orbs, Taken, Three Minus Bree and You Posted What!?!. She was mentioned in Cyborg Shark Attack.
- Eddy (Will Forte) is the six-year-old smart-home system (He acts like a seven-year-old tattletale) who controls the Lab Rats' house and hates Tasha and the kids but he loves Donald Davenport. He believes Tasha is hideously unattractive. It was unknown what happened to Eddy at the end of season 2 finale No Going Back, when Douglas blew up the lab, but it was later confirmed he had been destroyed much to Tasha's delight. Eddy made his return in Mission: Mission Creek High when Mr. Davenport remade the lab much to the others dismay. He has appeared in Crush, Chop and Burn, Commando App, Bionic Birthday Fail, Drone Alone, Chore Wars, Night of the Living Virus, Concert in a Can, Speed Trapped, Missin' the Mission, Spike's Got Talent, Leo vs. Evil, Bionic Showdown, Adam Up, No Going Back, Mission: Mission Creek High, Scramble the Orbs and Three Minus Bree.
- Principal Perry (Maile Flanagan) is the principal of Mission Creek High School. It has not been revealed why, but she dislikes Leo the most. Her full name is Terry Cherry Perry, as shown when she and Leo "bond" in Chip Switch. In My Little Brother, her mother is introduced and reveals that "Terry" is short for "Terrisa". Ever since the events of Mission Invisible, she's been suspicious of the lab rats' secret. She finally discovers their bionics in No Going Back where despite wanting to turn them in, she blackmails Donald to bribe her to keep her quiet. However, due to Douglas making him go broke, Principal Perry leaves, but promises Donald and Tasha that it wasn't over. In the one hour season 3 premiere Sink or Swim, she helps Donald, Tasha, and Leo find a place to stay by letting them stay at the school so she can get her money sooner. It is implied on many promo's for season 3 that she might become an ally. She has appeared in Commando App, Death Spiral Smackdown, Mission Invincible, Spy Fly, Missin' the Mission, Bro Down, Parallel Universe, Spike's Got Talent, Hole In One, Trucked Out, The Bionic 500, Adam Up, Llama Drama, The Haunting of Mission Creek High, Perry 2.0, My Little Brother, Twas the Mission Before Christmas, Trent Gets Schooled, No Going Back, Sink or Swim, The Jet Wing, Mission: Mission Creek High, Not So Smart Phone, Principal From Another Planet, Cyborg Shark Attack and You Posted What!?!.
- Trent (Eddie Perino) is the high school jock bully who has an ongoing feud with the Lab Rats. He has competed against them in football and basketball and somehow always seems to come out with the short end of the stick. In Trent Gets Schooled episode, he graduates from Mission Creek High thanks to Leo and Chase, but much to their shock, Principal Perry hires him as the gym teacher. He has appeared in Commando App, Air Leo, The Haunting of Mission Creek High, Trent Gets Schooled, Not So Smart Phone and Scramble the Orbs.
- Caitlin (Michaela Carrozzo) is Bree's best friend. In Robot Fight Club it was revealed that she wears glasses and also had a crush on Adam. She also develops a crush on Chase at the end of the episode. In Zip It, she gets a part-time job at Tech Town and makes Bree do all her work. In Not So Smart Phone, she was fired from Tech Town after had a breakdown and destroyed an Ephone 7. She has appeared in Death Spiral Smackdown, Night of the Living Virus, Robot Fight Club, Llama Drama, Zip It and Not So Smart Phone. Caitlin was mentioned in Rats on a Train, Can I Borrow the Helicopter and Three Minus Bree.
- Janelle (Madison Pettis) is Leo's crush. She is very smart but very controlling. Leo mentions in "Can I Borrow the Helicopter?", that she likes comics like him. In Air Leo, it is revealed that she likes basketball. In Back from the Future, Future Leo reveals that in the future, he marries Janelle, but when Leo skips his date with her to go save Adam, Bree, and Chase, Future Leo ends up living alone with a dog. Janelle returns in Avalanche, where she is frozen along with Tasha on Leo's part. And on Prank You Very Much, where Leo's grandma disapproves of Janelle. She also appears in Mission: Mission Creek High, where she believes Leo is bad luck because she always gets hurt when they're together. On Scramble the Orbs, she no longer sees Leo as a jinx or bad luck, she invites him to her play who she is playing the lead role, however, Trent steals Leo's ticket and Leo and Trent ruin her play. She has appeared in Can I Borrow the Helicopter?, Back From the Future, Air Leo, Avalanche, Prank You Very Much, Mission: Mission Creek High, Scramble the Orbs and Cyborg Shark Attack.
- Douglas Davenport (Jeremy Kent Jackson) is Marcus's creator and Donald's younger brother who is planning to capture Adam, Bree, and Chase and to ruin Davenport. In Bionic Showdown, it is revealed he's Adam, Bree, and Chase's real 'father' (creator; Donald says they are genetically engineered humans, but their biological parentage is still not revealed). Douglas returns in Avalanche where he reveals he is just like Chase: He's under-appreciated by his own sibling. Although he tries to manipulate Chase into betraying Leo, Bree, Adam and Donald, Chase double-crosses Douglas and freezes him, saying he would never betray his own family. Donald then has him sent to one of his facilities to be imprisoned. He was freed by a mysterious masked man in the season two finale. After he was freed he contacted Donald and told him that he was the one who maxed out his credit cards, hacked everything in Davenport Industries, and drained all his money out of the bank, and tells him that he's going after Adam, Bree, and Chase (who left after exposing their bionics to Principal Perry) and blows up the lab with Donald and Leo trapped in the lab's elevator with no way out. In the one hour season 3 premiere Sink or Swim, Douglas impersonated Mr. Davenport and captured Adam, Bree, and Chase. In part two the one hour special it is revealed that Douglas is working with billionaire Victor Krane and at the end of the episode Victor wants Adam, Bree, and Chase destroyed much to Douglas's shock which implies that Douglas might become good again. In Taken, he saved Adam Bree and Chase from Victor Krane, but still not trusting him, Donald kicked him out. After Bree destroyed her chip in Three Minus Bree and Donald's attempts at rebuilding her chip fails, Leo goes to Douglas for help in Which Father Knows Best and together with the help of Donald they repair Bree's chip. But still not trusting him Donald again throws him out. But after convincing that everyone deserves a second chance, Donald allows Douglas to stay with them for a while. He has appeared in Mission: Space, Speed Trapped (both small roles), Leo vs Evil, Bionic Showdown, Avalanche, No Going Back, Sink or Swim, Taken, Which Father Knows Best and You Posted What!?!. He was indirectly mentioned by Donald in Exoskeleton vs. Grandma and by Adam in both The Jet Wing and Mission: Mission Creek High. He was also indirectly mentioned by Donald again in Three Minus Bree. Douglas and Krane were also mentioned by Leo in Scramble the Orbs.
- Marcus Davenport (Mateus Ward) originally came off as unceasingly friendly and considerate but it was merely an act to lower suspicion on him and gain other's trust. In Mission: Space he installed a hidden spy camera in Davenport's lab. In Speed Trapped he revealed to Leo that he is bionic, just like Adam, Bree, and Chase. He threatens to reveal Adam, Bree and Chase's secret if Leo tells anyone the truth about Marcus. In Leo vs Evil, it is revealed that Marcus has an evil lair right under his house. Also it's revealed that Marcus is working for his father. In Bionic Showdown, it is revealed that he is an android (but is unaware of it; he thinks he is human) with all of Adam, Bree, and Chase's powers combined and augmented. He was created by Douglas to capture Adam, Bree, and Chase. Douglas says that androids burn out too fast, so he experimented on humans, creating the Lab Rats. Marcus appears to have died at the end of the episode but also might have survived. Marcus is extremely powerful and able to easily overwhelm Adam, Bree, and Chase. Marcus was mentioned by Adam twice in Perry 2.0 because he thought Alistair was a bionic spy. He was also mentioned by Douglas and Leo in Taken. He has appeared in Concert in a Can, Mission: Space, Speed Trapped, Leo vs Evil, and Bionic Showdown. And he was mentioned in Perry 2.0 and Taken.
- Owen (Ben Stillwell) is Bree's new boyfriend and an over-dramatic artist. He first appears in Quarantined where Bree snuck out of the house to see his art show. He next appears in Spike's Got Talent where he and Adam team up to create a statue of Principal Perry out of butter to stand up to her, but Bree gets jealous and has Eddy melt the sculpture. To make it up to him, she and Adam make a sculpture of Principal Perry out of popcorn. A future episode of season 3 implies Owen will discover Bree's bionics. He has appeared in Quarantined, Spike's Got Talent, and The Haunting of Mission Creek High.
- Victor Krane (Graham Shiels) is a Billionaire who works for and invested 80 million dollars in Douglas. He was introduced in No Going Back (with the disguise of a mask) where he broke into the offshore facility containing the frozen Douglas, took out 2 security guards and busted him out with his own bionics. In Sink or Swim, he later overthrows Douglas and forms his own plan after Douglas failed to control Adam, Bree, and Chase through his Triton app. In Taken, he plans to take Adam, Bree and Chase because they are a threat to him by kidnapping Leo and Tasha and almost melting them, he goes against Adam, Bree and Chase, but, to their delight, he gets defeated and gives Donald a choice to either hand over Adam, Bree and Chase or hand over Leo and Tasha, to which Donald doesn't accept much to his chagrin. He has appeared in No Going Back, Sink or Swim, Taken and You Posted What!?!. Krane and Douglas were mentioned by Leo in Scramble the Orbs. Krane was again mentioned by Chase and Douglas in Which Father Knows Best?.
- Scott (Dustin Ingram) is the manager of Tech Town who likes Chase and hates Bree and Catilin. He is a goofy and obnoxious boss and likes technology very much, shown in Scramble the Orbs when he gave a $500 Tech Town Gift Card to an app contest winner. He has appeared in Zip It, No So Smart Phone and Scramble the Orbs.
- Ms. Thistle (Elizabeth Margaret Beatrice) is an old teacher that covers for Principal Perry in Season 2 episode, The Haunting of Mission Creek High where at the end of the episode, she electrocutes Principal Perry for scaring everyone and herself 20 years prior. She also appeared in Smart and Smarter and Bro Down, and made a cameo appearance in Mission Invisible.
- Spike (Billy Unger) is Chase's Commando App self who's characterized as jerky, mean, and robust. He glitched and activated in the episode, Commando App, and made a second appearance in the Season 2 episode, Spike's Got Talent
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)|
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||20||February 27, 2012||November 5, 2012|
|2||25||February 25, 2013||January 13, 2014|
|3||TBA||February 17, 2014||TBA|
In 2012, the series became the most watched show on Disney XD. IMDB rated the series 7.1/10, making it the among the highest rated Disney XD series.
The series originally premiered on February 27, 2012 on Disney XD and on March 2, 2012 on Disney Channel. However, it first aired on February 24, 2012 on Disney XD (Canada). It aired as a preview on March 29, 2012 and premiered on April 19, 2012 on Disney XD (UK and Ireland). It premiered on June 10, 2012 on Disney XD (South Africa) and aired on Disney Channel (Australia and New Zealand) on December 31, 2012 and premiered on January 10, 2013. It premiered on March 11, 2013 on Disney XD (Malaysia) and in the rest of Southeast Asia it premiered on August 5, 2012 on Disney Channel Asia and on March 16, 2013 on Disney XD.
- "Disney XD "Lab Rats" Television Show".
- "DISNEY PILOT IS NOW LAB RATS".[dead link]
- "Disney XD Orders "Lab Rats" Season 2". Disney Dreaming. May 18, 2012. Retrieved May 18, 2012.
- Deadline, The. "Disney XD Orders Third Season Of 'Lab Rats'". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- "Season Finale: "No Going Back"!". Wordpress.com. December 31, 2013. Retrieved January 8, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 17, 2014). "New Seasons of 'Kickin' It' and 'Lab Rats' to Premiere Monday, February 17". Zap2it.com. Retrieved January 21, 2014.