Labh Janjua (Punjabi: ਲਾਭ ਜੰਜੂਆ) is an Indian bhangra and hip hop singer and songwriter, best known for his bhangra song, "Mundian To Bach Ke", which was remixed by Panjabi MC in 1998, and re-released in 2002. He has also sung many Bollywood songs including, "Jee Karda", to the 2008 song, Singh Is Kinng.
Early life and career
Janjua is originally from the city of Khanna, in the Ludhiana district of Punjab, India. He is currently a resident of Khanna City, where he learned music under a well-known local teacher, late Jaswant Bhanwra. He first shot to fame in 1999, with the song "Mundian To Bach Ke", which was produced by Punjabi MC and was a huge hit. His Bollywood break appeared in 2007, in the movie Hattrick. Since then he has sung numerous songs in movies like Jai Ho, Dev.D, Singh is Kinng, Garam Masala, Dhol and Krazzy 4.
Singles and collaborations
- Raatan Toon Lambe Khat
- Beyond Belief
- Bair Bura Hunda Jatt Da
- Labh Janjua - The King
- Beware Of The Boys
- Labh Janjua Live (2 Packs) CD and DVD
- "Baari barsi" in Band Baaja Baaraat (2010)
- "Jee Karda" and "Talli Hua" in Singh Is Kinng (2008)
- "Dance pe Chance" with Sunidhi Chauhan in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008)
- "Aag lage aaj kal ke fashion nu" in Haal–e–dil (2008)
- "Pyaar Karke" in Pyaar Ke Side Effects (2006)
- "Chuuriyan" in Money Hai Toh Honey Hai (2008)
- "Ik rupiya" in Krazzy 4 (2008)
- "Man Moniye" in Dil Dosti etc (2007)
- "Chori Chori (male)" in Garam Masala (2005)
- "Mahi Mennu" in Dev.D (2009)
- "Hikknaal" in Dev.D (2009)
- "Soni De Nakhre" in Partner (2007)
- "O Yara Dhol Bajake" in Dhol (2007)
- "Mera Yaar Sharabi" in Labh Janjua Funmusic (2007)
- "labh-janjua.com". labh-janjua.com. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- Playback singer Labh Janjua, currently making waves through his “Jee Karda” song of ‘Singh is King”... The Indian Express, June 9, 2009.
- Labh Janjua, a singer from Khanna, hit the Bollywood scene just a couple of years ago... The Indian Express, August 9, 2008.
- Labh Janjua Filmography Bollywood Hungama.
- Labh Janjua Funmusic.
|This article on a singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|