Sturm performing with Flyleaf in San Francisco, California during the Memento Mori Tour on November 1, 2009.
|Birth name||Lacey Nicole Mosley|
September 4, 1981 |
Arlington, Texas, USA
|Genres||Alternative metal, post-grunge, hard rock|
|Occupations||Musician, Songwriter, Singer, Guitarist|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, bass guitar, piano|
In 2000, Sturm began to play with drummer James Culpepper. The pair worked with guitarists Sameer Bhattacharya and Jared Hartmann. In 2002, Pat Seals, Flyleaf's current bassist, joined, forming a group named Passerby. Due to legal reasons, they renamed themselves Flyleaf in June 2004.
Sturm provided backing vocals on "Run to You" and "Born Again," two tracks on Christian rock band Third Day's 2008 album Revelation. Sturm received a pair of Grammy nominations at the 52nd Grammy Awards for her work with Third Day: "Born Again" was nominated for Best Gospel Song and Best Gospel Performance.
Sturm has recorded a song, "Heavy Prey", for the Underworld: Awakening soundtrack.
Sturm revealed in early 2012 that she wants to write a book, but no official plans have been made to do this yet.
Personal life 
On September 6, 2008 she married Joshua Sturm, the guitarist for the band Kairos, from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Sturm is a Christian. Shortly before Flyleaf released Remember to Live, Lacey announced that she and her husband were expecting a son in the Spring of 2011. Joshua "Jack" Lewis Sturm was born on April 9, 2011. Lacey is currently pregnant with her second child.
Sturm has currently been involved with Hot Topic; modeling for their new clothing line, LOVEsick.
She has also been featured as a solo performer in Franklin Graham's "Rock the Lakes", "Rock the Range", and "Rock the River" evangelistic tours throughout mid-August and late September 2011 where she gave her testimony and sang two songs, including a self-written song "The Reason", and an acoustic version of "Born Again" by Third Day. Sturm will be performing at most "Rock the Lakes" and "Rock the River" events again in 2012.
Guest appearances 
- "Youth of the Nation" – P.O.D. (Satellite)(Live MTV New Year's Eve 2007)
- "Alive" – P.O.D. (Satellite)(Live MTV New Year's Eve 2007)
- "Lights Out" – P.O.D. (Testify)(Live MTV New Year's Eve 2007)
- "Born Again" and "Run to You" – Third Day (Revelation)
- "Vendetta Black" – Resident Hero (The White EP, Look)
- "Time Is Nothing" – Resident Hero (Look)
- "The Nearness" – David Crowder Band (Church Music)
- "Broken Pieces" – Apocalyptica (7th Symphony)
- "Courage" – Orianthi
- "Heavy Prey" – Geno Lenardo (Underworld: Awakening (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack))
- FAQ at Flyleaf Online, Retrieved October 30, 2008
- "Revelation" album review, CCM Magazine.com, accessed July 2, 2009
- Donovan, Kevin. "Third Day Leads 'Gospel' Artists with 3 Grammy Nods". The Christian Post. Retrieved May 6, 2012.
- TeamIGA. "Orianthi: News: "Courage" Featuring Lacey Sturm of Flyleaf". Interscope Records.com. Universal Music Group. Retrieved May 6, 2012.
- "iTunes - Music - Underworld: Awakening (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Various Artists". Itunes.apple.com. January 17, 2012. Retrieved May 6, 2012.
- "Interview with Noisecreep". Noisecreep.com. February 7, 2012. Retrieved May 6, 2012.
- "A Message". Flyleaf. October 22, 2012. Retrieved October 22, 2012.
- "WATCH: Lacey Sturm Of Flyleaf's Hot Minute Interview | Hot Topic". Community.hottopic.com. April 28, 2011. Retrieved June 22, 2012.
- Chismar, Janet. "BGEA: Rock the Lakes: Saturday Update". Billygraham.org. Retrieved June 22, 2012.