No. 37 Tennessee Titans
|Date of birth:July 29, 1991|
|Place of birth: Temple, Texas|
|High school: Temple (TX)|
|NFL Draft: 2014 / Round: 6 / Pick: 186|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|Roster status: Practice Squad|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics
Lache J. Seastrunk (pronounced // "lake"; born July 29, 1991) is an American football running back for the Tennessee Titans of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the sixth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Baylor. Seastrunk is a member of Phi Beta Sigma fraternity.
A native of Temple, Texas, Seastrunk attended Temple High School, where he finished his high school career with 4,127 yards and 52 touchdowns. He was a 2009 USA Today All-USA selection. Regarded as a five-star prospect by Rivals.com, he was listed as the No. 3 running back in the class of 2010. He played in the 2010 U.S. Army All-American Bowl. He chose Oregon over Auburn among others.
The process of his recruitment was part of a 27-month NCAA investigation into alleged recruiting rules violations by Oregon in using a middleman, Willie Lyles, to secure both Seastrunk and LaMichael James for the Ducks; the results were three years' probation and taking away of three scholarships.
Track and field
Seastrunk was also a standout track athlete, he has personal bests of 10.33 seconds in the 100 meters and 6.60 meters in long jump during his preparatory track career. He clocked at 10.64 in the 100 meters as a sophomore and won the district meet that same year with a time of 10.77 seconds. He broke three Temple High School records (100 meters, 400 meters and long jump) as a 13-year-old eighth-grader .
Before the end of the 2012 season, Seastrunk predicted he would win the Heisman Trophy next year and said "I know I am the best back in the country." Seastrunk finished the season with 1,012 yards on 131 carries but averaged 138.2 yards per game and scored five touchdowns during Baylor's 4-1 run to end the season.
2014 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 9 in||201 lb||30 in||9 1⁄4 in||4.51 s||41.5 in||11 ft 2 in||15 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine.|
Seastrunk was selected by the Washington Redskins with the 186th overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. He signed a four-year, $2.33 million contract with the Redskins on May 16, 2014. The Redskins waived him on August 30, 2014 for final roster cuts before the start of the 2014 season, losing the third-string running back position to fellow rookie Silas Redd. He was not signed to the practice squad.
- "Running backs 2010". Rivals.com. January 20, 2010.
- Dyer, Kristian (January 27, 2010). "Stud prep RB Seastrunk to pick Oregon over USC". Sports Illustrated.
- Mark Schlabach, Slap on the wrist for Oregon, Kelly, ESPN.com, June 26, 2013, accessed September 26, 2014.
- "Leache Seastrunk Guarantees 2013 Heisman, Is Generally Really Cocky." SportsGrid.com. Published 2012-Dec-22. Retrieved 2013-Jul-29.
- Bleacher Report Retrieved 2013-Jul-29.
- Baylor's Lache Seastrunk to enter NFL Draft
- NFL Combine Profile
- Walker, Andrew (May 10, 2014). "Redskins Select Running Back Lache Seastrunk". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2014-05-10.
- Jones, Mike (May 16, 2014). "Redskins sign six of eight draft picks to rookie deals". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2014-05-17.
- Keim, John (August 30, 2014). "Washington Redskins cut three RBs". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2014-08-30.
- Jones, Mike (1 September 2014). "Redskins not planning on adding Seastrunk to practice squad". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2014-09-02.