|Elevation||13 ft (4 m)|
|Area||27.5 sq mi (71.2 km2)|
|- land||26.4 sq mi (68 km2)|
|- water||1.0 sq mi (3 km2), 3.64%|
|Density||328.8 / sq mi (127 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Lacombe is located at .(30.314863, -89.931462)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 27.5 square miles (71.2 km2), of which 26.4 square miles (68.5 km2) is land and 1.0 square mile (2.7 km2), or 3.86%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 7,518 people, 2,757 households, and 2,059 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 281.4 people per square mile (108.6/km²). There were 3,119 housing units at an average density of 116.7 per square mile (45.1/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 69.15% White, 25.31% African American, 1.60% Native American, 0.33% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 1.36% from other races, and 2.21% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.58% of the population.
There were 2,757 households out of which 33.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 56.0% were married couples living together, 13.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 25.3% were non-families. 20.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.69 and the average family size was 3.09.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 25.8% under the age of 18, 7.9% from 18 to 24, 26.9% from 25 to 44, 27.3% from 45 to 64, and 12.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females there were 95.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 90.8 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $37,782, and the median income for a family was $45,465. Males had a median income of $37,580 versus $21,869 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $18,642. About 8.9% of families and 11.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 15.6% of those under age 18 and 10.2% of those age 65 or over.
Lacombe is within the St. Tammany Parish Public Schools district.
Schools that serve Lacombe include:
- Chahta-Ima Elementary School
- Bayou Lacombe Middle School
- Monteleone Junior High School
- Fontainebleau High School between Covington, Mandeville, and Abita Springs
- Lakeshore High School (St. Tammany Parish's newest high school serving Lacombe residents; open August 2009)
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Lacombe CDP, Louisiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 21, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Lacombe CDP, Louisiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 21, 2012.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Ribbon Cutting Held For Lakeshore High School".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lacombe, Louisiana.|