|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2008)|
Lacrimas Profundere on tour with Apocalyptica in 2007
|Also known as||Rock'n'Sad Crew|
|Origin||Waging am See, Germany|
|Genres||Gothic metal, death/doom, gothic rock, Hard rock|
|Members||Oliver Nikolas Schmid
|Past members||See Below|
Lacrimas Profundere is a gothic metal band from Germany. Their name means "to shed tears" in Latin. Their stylistic aesthetic has evolved over time; originally a death doom rooted gothic metal band, they have progressively changed their style to a more mainstream gothic style with the later albums.
Lacrimas Profundere was founded in 1993 by guitarist Oliver Schmid. At the time, the band was influenced by doom metal, and also made use of feminine vocals and classical elements. With the entrance of vocalist Anja Hötzendorfer, they drew enough attention to themselves to be able to record their debut, entitled ... and the Wings Embraced Us, which was released in 1995 and was followed by La Naissance d’un Rêve (French for "The Birth of a Dream"), from 1997.
Burning: A Wish from 2001 was Lacrimas Profundere's first album to receive attention from the international specialized press. This album featured the removal of the band's classical elements to some degree, and was also the first time they employed baritone vocals, supplied by Oliver's brother, Christopher Schmid. Their first international tour then began, including countries of Europe and Latin America.
Lacrimas Profundere's subsequent albums were Fall, I Will Follow from 2002 and Ave End from 2004.
Filthy Notes For Frozen Hearts received considerable attention from Jackass star Bam Margera and the songs "My Velvet Little Darkness", "Short Glance", "Should" and "Sweet Caroline" along with a vocal excerpt from "Sad Theme for a Marriage" were played on his show Bam's Unholy Union.
In April 2007, Christopher Schmid, the band's founding member's brother and vocalist left the band; citing prolonged stress from touring. It did not take long to find a new vocalist: Peter Kafka, who also sings for the German band Sonicslave. However, the former singer Christopher Schmid still writes at least some of the new lyrics. A few months later bassist Daniel Lechner left the band and vocalist Peter Kafka became the new bassist and Rob Vitacca employed as the new vocalist, who also sings for the German Rock band Lost. Long time keyboardist Christian Steiner also left the band but supplied some parts for the new album. The album called "Songs for the Last View" was released in the summer of 2008. This was the first album featuring their new singer, Rob Vitacca.
Lacrimas Profundere's, The Grandiose Nowhere was released on 30 April 2010 the album spawned two singles "The Letter" and "Lips" videos for each song were made; they also toured in places across Asia and South America.
As 2013 LP is preparing to release their new album entitled Antiadore on May 24.
- Rob Vitacca - vocals
- Oliver Nikolas Schmid - guitars, bass, keyboards
- Tony Berger - guitars, bass, keyboards
- Dominik Scholz - drums
- Marco Praschberger
- Christian Freitsmiedl
- Stefan Randelshofer
- Manuel Ehrlich (Seraph (Ger))
- Ryan Gabriel Short
- Markus Lapper
- Rico Galvagno (ex-Darkseed)
- Daniel Lechner
- Peter Kafka
- Willi Wurm (ex-Darkseed)
- Christian Greisberger
- Stefan Eireiner
- Lorenz Gehmacher
- Kevin Sumner
- Christopher Schmid - vocals
- Christian Steiner - keyboards
- Anja Hötzendorfer - violin, backing vocals
- Ursula Schmidhammer - harp
- Eva Stöger - flute, keyboards
- Tony Cheirichetti
- Alexandra Diehl
- ...And the Wings Embraced Us (1995) - Full Length
- La Naissance D'Un Rêve (1997) - Full Length
- The Crown of Leaving (1997) - Demo
- The Embrace and the Eclipse (1998) - Demo
- Memorandum (1999) - Full Length
- Burning: A Wish (2001) - Full Length
- Fall, I Will Follow (2002) - Full Length
- Ave End (2004) - Full Length
- Again It's Over (2006) - EP
- Filthy Notes for Frozen Hearts (2006) - Full Length
- Songs for the Last View (2008) - Full Length
- The Grandiose Nowhere (2010) - Full Length
- Antiadore (2013) - Full Length
- "Acousticadore" (2014) - EP
- "Ave End" (2004)
- "Amber Girl" (2004)
- "Again It's Over" (2006)
- "My Velvet Little Darkness" (2006)
- "A Pearl" (2008)
- "And God's Ocean" (2009)
- "The Letter" (2010)
- "Lips" (2011)
- "My Release In Pain" (2013)