||This article provides insufficient context for those unfamiliar with the subject. (January 2015)
The Lacrimosa is part of the Dies Irae sequence in the Requiem mass. Its text comes from the 18th and 19th stanzas of the sequence. Many composers, including Mozart, Berlioz, and Verdi have set the text as a discrete movement of the Requiem.
- Lacrimosa dies illa
- Qua resurget ex favilla
- Judicandus homo reus.
- Huic ergo parce, Deus:
- Pie Jesu Domine,
- Dona eis requiem. Amen.
- Full of tears shall be that day
- On which from ashes shall arise
- The guilty man to be judged;
- Therefore, O God, have mercy on him.
- Gentle Lord Jesus,
- grant them eternal rest. Amen.