Lady Brigid Guinness
|Lady Brigid Guinness|
|Princess Frederick of Prussia|
|Spouse||Prince Frederick of Prussia
Major Anthony Patrick Ness
Princess Antonia, Marchioness of Douro
|Brigid Katharine Rachel|
House of Hohenzollern
|Father||Rupert Guinness, 2nd Earl of Iveagh|
30 July 1920|
|Died||8 March 1995
Brigid was born at London, UK, fifth child and youngest daughter of Rupert Guinness, 2nd Earl of Iveagh (1874–1967), (son of Edward Guinness, 1st Earl of Iveagh and Adelaide Maria Guinness) and his wife, Gwendolen Onslow (1881–1966), (daughter of William Onslow, 4th Earl of Onslow and Florence Coulston Gardner). She belonged to the Guinness family, an Irish Protestant family noted for their accomplishments in brewing, banking, politics and diplomacy.
Brigid married on 30 July 1945 at Little Hadham, Hertfordshire to Prince Frederick of Prussia (1911–1966), fourth son of William, German Crown Prince, and his wife, Duchess Cecilie of Mecklenburg-Schwerin and grandson of Wilhelm II, German Emperor.
They had five children:
- Prince Frederick Nicholas (born 3 May 1946); married the Hon. Victoria Lucinda Mancroft, daughter of Stormont Mancroft, 2nd Baron Mancroft; had issue.
- Prince William Andrew (born 14 November 1947); married Alexandra Blahová, daughter of Frantisek Blahová and his wife, Vlasta Dokupilová and formerly married on 17 December 1972 to Tom Aisbet; had issue.
- Princess Victoria Marina Cecilie (born 22 February 1952); married Philippe Alphonse Achache, son of Jean Achache and his wife, Jacqueline Andrieu; had issue.
- Prince Rupert Alexander Frederick (born 28 April 1955 London, England); married Ziba Rastegar-Javaheri, daughter of Morteza Rastegar-Javaheri and wife Rabeéh Baghaii-Kermani; had issue.
- Princess Antonia Elizabeth Brigid Louise (born 28 April 1955 London, England); married Arthur Charles Valerian Wellesley, Marquess of Douro; had issue.
She married secondly, on 3 June 1967 at Old Windsor, Berkshire to Major Anthony Patrick Ness (1914–1993), son of Gordon Stuart Ness and his wife, Gladys Frances May; they had no children.
Titles and styles
- 30 July 1920 – 7 October 1927: The Honourable Brigid Guinness
- 7 October 1927 – 30 July 1945: The Lady Brigid Guinness
- 30 July 1945 – 3 June 1967: The Lady Brigid Von Preussen
- 3 June 1967 – 8 March 1995: The Lady Brigid Ness
|Ancestors of Lady Brigid Guinness|
Notes and sources
- http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00007233&tree=LEO Genealogics – Leo van de Pas – Friedrich, Prinz von Preussen
- Her husband's British citizenship in 1947 caused him to abandon any foreign titles and he was styled "Mr. Friedrich Von Preussen"; see details on his page.
- thePeerage.com – Lady Brigid Katherine Rachel Guinness
- L'Allemagne dynastique, Huberty, Giraud, Magdelaine, Reference: vol V page 262