|The Lady Bunny|
Lady Bunny at the 2008 Tribeca Film Festival
|Birth name||Jon Ingle|
|Born||August 14, 1962|
The Lady Bunny (born Jon Ingle, August 14, 1962) is an American drag queen, nightclub DJ, promoter and founder of the annual Wigstock event. She has also released disco singles such as "Shame, Shame, Shame!" and "The Pussycat Song". She has appeared in films such as Party Girl, Wigstock: The Movie, Peoria Babylon, Starrbooty, and To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar. Lady Bunny also often works for magazines to use humor for the "Worst Dressed".
Lady Bunny began her career alongside Larry Tee and RuPaul as a fixture on the Atlanta gay scene and appeared in a variety of low-budget films with them, including the Starbooty series. Moving to New York City in 1984, Lady Bunny organized Wigstock in 1985, an annual drag queen festival that lasted until 2005. Bunny frequently performs at XL Nightclub with Bianca Del Rio.
Bunny was featured in the web series Queens of Drag: NYC by gay.com in 2010. The series featured fellow New York drag queens Bianca Del Rio, Dallas DuBois, Hedda Lettuce, Mimi Imfurst, Peppermint, and Sherry Vine.
Her style of drag performance usually involves lip-synching to a compilation of karaoke versions of popular songs over which she has recorded her own vocals singing parodies of the original lyrics. The new lyrics are usually sexually explicit or revolve around food, or both. For instance, her parody of the Gwen Stefani song Hollaback Girl has the lyric "I shit a banana/a banana in my ass!" Lady Bunny has released video parodies of "Santa Claus is coming to town" and California Gurls titled West Virginia Girls. Her January, 2011, parody of "Harper Valley PTA", entitled "The Ballad of Sarah Palin", lampooned the American politician as portrayed by Palin imitator Dorothy Bishop. On July 1, 2013, Lybra Records released remixes of Lady Bunny's collaboration with Wayne Numan, "Take Me Up High" which became her first Billboard Club/Dance hit peaking at #17 in September 2013. In October 2014 she released "Lately" (Remixes) her collaboration with New York City Producers and club DJ's Sean Grasty and DJ Rikky Rivera better known as Groove Addix. Lady Bunny's vocal of "Lately" is already creating a buzz globally in the underground club scene (pre-release) with explicit lyrics "Pussy this good/Dont wait around for no man-Pussy this good/Dont wait for no nobody." "Lately" is being released on the UK House label Enriched Records which is owned by Rich B a well known Dj/Artist on London's gay club scene.
RuPaul asked Lady Bunny to be a judge on RuPaul's Drag Race. Bunny declined it but took interest in the spin-off series, RuPaul's Drag U. Bunny served on the judges panel on RuPaul's Drag U, which aired on the Logo TV network from 2010 to 2012. Lady Bunny was Dean of Drag and had a role of judge in the first season. In season 2 of RuPaul's Drag U, the Dean of Drag role was expanded into a segment called Lady Lessons. During the fifth season of RuPaul's Drag Race, contestant Alaska Thunderfuck 5000 impersonated Bunny for the Snatch Game.
Awards and nominations
- 2009 GayVN Awards winner of Best Non-Sex Performance in "Brothers' Reunion" (Lucas Entertainment).
- 2009 AmfAR's Honoring with Pride Honoree 
- Wadler, Joyce. The Lady Bunny at the forefront of Wigstock Flamboyant? Certainly, From Head to Heels, New York Times. accessed April 24, 2006.
- The Tramp is a Lady - Southern Voice
- "Home - Lybra Records". lybrarecords.com. Retrieved February 27, 2015.
- "Chart Highlights: Enrique Iglesias' 'Night' Dawns On Pop Songs". Billboard. Retrieved February 27, 2015.
- Heffernan, Virginia (13 August 2005). "Roasters of 'Stacked' Star Romp High to Low". The New York Times. Retrieved 2007-05-27.
- Musto, Michael (6 December 2005). "La Dolce Musto". The Village Voice. Retrieved 2007-05-27.
- Hoff, Al (26 February 2013). "RuPaul's Drag Race Alaska Watch". Pittsburgh City Paper. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- TheArizonian2014 (September 7, 2013). ""Sex and the City" Boy, Interrupted (TV Episode 2003)". IMDb. Retrieved February 27, 2015.
- "2009 GayVN Winners". RAD Video.
- "Raging Stallion Sweeps the GAYVN Awards: Full list of winners". AVN.
- "amfAR :: Lady Bunny :: The Foundation for AIDS Research :: HIV / AIDS Research". amfar.org. Retrieved February 27, 2015.
- Michael Musto (June 15, 2009). "Talk Show Host Thrown Out of Gay Bar!". villagevoice.com. Retrieved February 27, 2015.