Lady Irwin College
|Lady Irwin College|
|Director||Dr. Anupa Sidhu|
|Location||Sikandra Road, New Delhi - 110001|
|Affiliations||University of Delhi|
Lady Irwin College is a constituent college of the University of Delhi. Established in 1932, it is women's college and located in New Delhi, India, and offers graduate courses in Food Technology and graduate as well as post-graduate courses in Home Science.
The college has an illustrious ancestry and was established under the patronage of Lady Dorothy Irwin, wife of Lord Irwin, Viceroy of India and the Maharanis of Baroda and Bhopal, Sarojini Naidu, Rajkumari Amrit Kaur, Annie Besant, Kamala Devi Chattopadhyay, Margaret Cousins and Sir Ganga Ram Kaula to name a few in 1931
The buildings of the college campus have been classified and protected as heritage sites.
The college shifted to its current campus at Sikandra Road in 1938. Till 1950, it was managed by the All India Women’s Education Fund Association, after which it got affiliated to the University of Delhi, and honours degree courses were introduced in the college.
The Motto - Vidya Hi Seva
The aphorism Vidya Hi Seva is read beneath the crest of the College emblem. During the pre-independence period, along with Lady Dorothy Irwin, Mahatma Gandhi and Rajkumari Amrit Kaur were amongst the other revolutionists who participated in the struggle by the way of emancipation of women. The college came up in 1931, but during the course of developments, Rajkumari Amrit Kaur and M.K. Gandhi exchanged letters over the finalisation of the motto for the emblem. Discussing how "knowledge itself is service" against "service itself is knowledge", Gandhi gave a green signal for the previous one. The teaching learning transactions true to the motto endeavour to inculcate a sense of knowledge to serve through carefully designed outreach experiences.
- B.Sc. (Pass) Home Science - 3-year degree course.
- B.Sc. (Honors) Home Science - 3-year degree course.
- B.Ed (Home Science) - 1-year degree course
- B.Ed. Special Education (MR) - 1-year degree course.
- Btech. Food technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics & Public Health Nutrition - 1-year diploma course
- M.Sc. Home Science - 2-year degree course in:
- Food & Nutrition
- Human Development & Childhood Studies
- Fabric and Apparel Science
- Development Communication & Extension
- Resource Management & Design Application
- Ph.D. - In all five specialisations of Home Science
- Sushma Seth, actor, founder Yatrik Theatre Group 
- Ritu Kumar, fashion designer 
- Manpreet Brar, Miss India 1995
- Chitrangada Singh,[actor]
- "Home Science from Lady Irwin College". The Hindu (Chennai, India). May 30, 2005.
- "There’s more to Lady Irwin College than good food". The Hindu. August 21, 2009.
- "Campus Hangout: A benign spectator". The Hindu. 2008-11-29.
- "Making history with brick and mortar". Hindustan Times. September 15, 2011.
- "Educational Qualifications".
- Kamra, Diksha (July 24, 2010). "I met my hubby 'coz of my college". The Times of India.