Lady Jaye Breyer P-Orridge
Lady Jaye Breyer P-Orridge (July 1, 1969 – October 9, 2007) was the chosen name of Jacqueline Mary Breyer, an American nurse, keyboard player and singer with PTV3 (a revamped version of Psychic TV) and Thee Majesty. She married Genesis P-Orridge in 1993 and took the name Lady Jaye Breyer P-Orridge as part of their Pandrogyne project to evolve into a new gender as a single being they called Breyer P-Orridge.
Life and career
Born and raised in New York, after attending a Catholic school, Breyer became a Registered Nurse, primarily caring for children with terminal illnesses or incurable disabilities, and also did voluntary work for animal charities in New York.
After marrying, Lady Jaye lived in Brooklyn and began collaborating on art and music projects. In 1995, Genesis was badly injured when escaping from a fire at a residence owned by Rick Rubin, and they used money from the legal settlement to undergo a series of surgical procedures to look like each other, including breast implants and cosmetic facial surgery.
"We view Breyer P-Orridge as a separate person who is both of us," Lady Jaye explained. "Neither of us take credit for the work, the work is a melding of both of our ideas which we would not have had singly. Both of us are in all of our art. That third being, Breyer P-Orridge, is always present."
- Perrone, Pierre (23 October 2007). The name "Lady Jaye" came from a character in G.I. Joe comics and also from a bottle-like gadget that is used by female truckers so they don't need to stop driving to use a bathroom. Lady Jaye Breyer P-orridge: Psychic TV keyboardist and singer. The Independent
- Orden, Erica (September 6, 2009). I Am My Own Wife. New York
- Itzkoff, Dave (April 25, 2011). Tribeca Q&A: ‘The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye.’ New York Times
- Lady Jaye Breyer P-Orridge at the Internet Movie Database
- The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye website
- On the Death of Lady Jaye Breyer aka Shecky Domination 
|This article on an individual musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|