Lady Kitty Spencer
|Lady Kitty Spencer|
|Born||28 December 1990|
|Parent(s)||Charles Spencer, 9th Earl Spencer
|Relatives||Diana, Princess of Wales (aunt)|
The Lady Kitty Eleanor Spencer (born 28 December 1990) is the eldest daughter of Charles Spencer, 9th Earl Spencer and his first wife, Victoria Lockwood. She is a niece of Diana, Princess of Wales.
Lady Kitty was born 28 December 1990 in the United Kingdom to the then Viscount and Viscountess Althorp. Lord Althorp succeeded his father as Earl Spencer in 1992 and moved Lady Kitty to South Africa with her two sisters and brother in 1995. After her parents' divorce, her father moved back to take charge of the family's Althorp estate, while Lady Kitty remained in South Africa with her mother. She enrolled in Reddam House, a private school in Cape Town where she was a model student. Her childhood was spent away from the media spotlight.
She made one of her first public appearances in 2007, joining her cousins Prince William and Prince Harry at a memorial service for Diana, Princess of Wales. That year, Tatler named her "one of the most eligible girls in Britain". She attended William's wedding alongside her father and siblings in 2011.
After finishing school, Lady Kitty enrolled at the University of Cape Town, where she studied psychology, politics and English literature. She also has an MA in Luxury Brand Management from Regent's University London.
Styles from birth
- 28 December 1990 – 29 March 1992: The Honourable Kitty Eleanor Spencer
- 29 March 1992 – present: The Lady Kitty Eleanor Spencer
- Walker, Tim (2009-08-15). "Lady Kitty Spencer wants to be a political Carrie Bradshaw". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2011-04-30.
- Kay, Richard (2009-03-31). "Princess Diana's niece Kitty Spencer goes public with surfer boyfriend Jasper". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- Clements, Jo (2009-03-10). "Princess Diana's niece Kitty is a born cover girl". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- Johnson, Angella. "Meet Diana's niece ... the most eligible girl in Britain". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- Hedley-Dent, Ticky (2011-05-01). "Sure those hats were wise, ladies? Princesses Bea and Eugenie top the fashion flops yet again in outlandish outfits". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2011-05-27.
- Feinstein, Sharon (2010-04-09). "Kitty Spencer weighs in". Evening Standard (thisislondon.co.uk). Retrieved 2011-05-21.