Lafayette–Opelousas–Morgan City combined statistical area
The Lafayette–Opelousas–Morgan City combined statistical area is made up of six parishes in the Acadiana region of southern Louisiana. The statistical area consists of the Lafayette Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) and four micropolitan statistical areas (μSAs) – Abbeville, Crowley, New Iberia, and Opelousas–Eunice. As of the 2010 census, the CSA had a population of 550,134 (though a July 1, 2011 estimate placed the population at 554,417).
Places with 50,000 people or more
- Lafayette (Principal city)
Places with 20,000 to 49,999 people
Places with 10,000 to 19,999 people
Places with 2,500 to 9,999 people
- Breaux Bridge
- Church Point
- St. Martinville
Places with fewer than 2,500 people
As of the census of 2010, there were 550,134 people, 188,219 households, and 134,322 families residing within the CSA. The racial makeup of the CSA was 70.42% White, 27.07% African American, 0.25% Native American, 1.01% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.40% from other races, and 0.84% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.35% of the population. Of the total population over the age of 5, 83.4% (419,800) spoke English and 12.7% (64,001) spoke French (including Cajun French and Louisiana Creole French).
The median income for a household in the CSA was $29,577, and the median income for a family was $35,717. Males had a median income of $31,564 versus $18,942 for females. The per capita income for the CSA was $14,467.
- Louisiana census statistical areas
- List of cities, towns, and villages in Louisiana
- List of census-designated places in Louisiana
- "Table 2. Annual Estimates of the Population of Combined Statistical Areas: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2011 (CBSA-EST2011-02)" (CSV). 2011 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2011-07-23. Retrieved 2010-07-25.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.