Lafayette Township, Madison County, Indiana
Location in Madison County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.29 sq mi (91.4 km2)|
|• Land||35.29 sq mi (91.4 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||873 ft (266 m)|
|• Density||149.5/sq mi (57.7/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46001, 46011, 46012, 46044|
|GNIS feature ID||0453532|
Lafayette Township was organized in 1836.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.29 square miles (91.4 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains Independent Order of Odd Fellows Cemetery.
Airports and landing strips
- H and R Skylane Airport
- Anderson Community School Corporation
- Frankton-Lapel Community Schools
- Indiana's 6th congressional district
- State House District 36
- State Senate District 25
- "Lafayette Township, Madison County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Forkner, John La Rue and Dyson, Byron H. (1897). Historical Sketches and Reminiscences of Madison County, Indiana. Wilson, Humprheys & Co. p. 812.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Lafayette Township
- Lafayette Township history
||Pipe Creek Township||Monroe Township|
|Jackson Township||Richland Township|