30 October 1959
Game show host
Lagaf' (pseudonym of Vincent Rouil, born on 30 October 1959, Mont-Saint-Aignan, Seine-Maritime) is a French humorist, TV presenter, singer and actor.
In 1987, Vincent Lagaf', who had just arrived in Paris, came to national attention as a comedian when he appeared on the TV show (La Classe) aimed at discovering young comedians. With his first one-man show, Lagaf' became popular thanks to the song "Bo le lavabo", which was a success in France in 1990. A year later, he had a similar success with "La Zoubida" which was in the list of the 100 best-selling singles in France during the 1990s. (A side-scrolling platform game developed by (Titus Interactive based on this song was also produced – Titus the Fox). Until 1995, working with the producer Hervé Hubert, he continued to act in many sketches on stage or for television and to interpret new funny songs like Casse toi and Sweet Georgia Brown. In 1995, he played the part of Scipion in the play Le Surbook.
In 1996, for French TV channel TF1, he began hosting game shows. In 1998, he adapted Let's Make a Deal for the French audience. He hosted Le Bigdil for six years with a virtual alien called Bill and his beautiful dancing girls Les Gafettes. With this show, he became one of the most popular TV presenters, twice an award winner, and a successful TV producer. In 2000, Lagaf' and Hubert sold their companies to Endemol.
In 2006, Lagaf' stopped hosting and producing TV shows to take a sabbatical year. In 2008, he played the first leading role in the movie Le Baltringue. In 2009, after a tour with a new play Pourquoi Moi?!, he returned TV with a new version of The Price Is Right (Le Juste Prix), produced by Hubert who now works with Fremantle Media.
- Yakapa (January 1992 - March 1994)
- L'Or à l'appel (March 1996 – June 1997)
- Drôle de jeu (January 1997 – June 1999)
- Le Bigdil (2 February 1998 – 23 July 2004)
- Crésus (4 July 2005 – 1 September 2006)
- Le Juste Prix (since July 2009)
- Le Lavabo (1990)
- Lagaf' en chansons (1994)
- Bo le lavabo (WC Kiss) (1990) – #1 in France – see List of French number-one hits of 1990
- La Zoubida (1991) – #1 in France – see List of French number-one hits of 1991
- Je veux des vacances (1993) – #17 in France
- Éclats de rire, No. 3537 (1993), J'ai lu Ed. (ISBN 9782277235378)
- Rires à la pelle (1996), Michel Lafon Ed. (ISBN 9782840982357)
- Drôle de jeu (1999), Michel Lafon Ed. (ISBN 9782840985292)
- 1994 : Histoire de fou (short movie) by Eric Cayron – leading role
- 2005 : Sous le soleil – guest star
- 2002 : Les Razmoket rencontrent les Delajungle by John Eng – dog's voice
- 2010 : Le Baltringue by Cyril Sebas – leading role
- 7 d'or for "Personality of the year" (1999)
- 7 d'or for "Best game show" for Le Bigdil (2000)
- Steffen Hung. "Lagaf' – La zoubida". lescharts.com. Retrieved 5 May 2011.
- Eximius Theme by dkszone.net. "Le Bigdil (2002, TF1, France) , Bother's Bar". Bothersbar.co.uk. Retrieved 5 May 2011.
- "Lagaf' va présenter l'adaptation de "Push The Button" en prime time". OZAP.com. Retrieved 5 May 2011.