|Location (in red) within Paris inner and outer suburbs|
|Intercommunality||Marne et Gondoire|
|Elevation||37–112 m (121–367 ft)
(avg. 44 m or 144 ft)
|Land area1||5.72 km2 (2.21 sq mi)|
|- Density||3,556 /km2 (9,210 /sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||77243/ 77400|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
|2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.|
Lagny-sur-Marne (pronounced: [laɲi syʁ maʁn]; English: Lagny on the Marne) is a commune in the eastern suburbs of Paris, France. It is located in the Seine-et-Marne department in the Île-de-France 26.1 km (16.2 mi) from the center of Paris.
During the Middle Ages Lagny-sur-Marne was a popular place for tourneys in Northern France. In November 1179 a notable tournament was held by Louis VII of France in honour of the coronation of his son. Later in 1846, Lagny-sur-Marne annexed the commune of Saint-Denis-du-Port.
Inhabitants are called Latignaciens or Laniaques.
Lagny-sur-Marne is served by Lagny – Thorigny station on the Transilien Paris – Est suburban rail line. This station, although administratively located on the territory of the neighboring commune of Thorigny-sur-Marne, lies immediately across the Marne River from the town center of Lagny-sur-marne.
Twin towns 
Notable residents 
- Christopher Jullien, footballer
- Paul Pogba - Professional footballer of Guinean descent, who currently plays for Italian side Juventus and formerly for Manchester United. He was born in Lagny-sur-Marne in 1993.
- Benjamin Boukpeti - Togolese canoeist who won a bronze medal in the 2008 Summer Olympics, which was Togo's first ever Olympic medal. He was born in Lagny-sur-Marne.
See also 
- Official site (French)
- 1999 Land Use, from IAURIF (Institute for Urban Planning and Development of the Paris-Île-de-France région) (English)
- French Ministry of Culture list for Lagny-sur-Marne (French)
- Map of Lagny-sur-Marne on Michelin (English)
|This article related to a Seine-et-Marne location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|