Lagunitas Brewing Company
|Headquarters||Petaluma, California, USA|
|401,420 US beer barrels (47,106,000 l; 12,444,000 US gal; 10,362,000 imp gal) (2013)|
The Lagunitas Brewing Company is a brewery founded in 1993 in Lagunitas, California, USA. The brewery is known for iconoclastic interpretations of traditional beer styles, and irreverent descriptive text and stories on its packaging. The company is the fifth top selling craft brewery in the US, as of 2014.
Since the mid-2000s, Lagunitas has been one of the fastest-growing craft breweries in the United States, increasing from 27,000 barrels in 2004 to 106,000 barrels in 2010. As of March 2011, the company had 92 employees with distribution in 32 states. The brewery announced a $9.5 million expansion slated to begin early 2012 which will increase its brewing capacity to 600,000 barrels.
On April 9, 2012, Lagunitas announced plans for a new Chicago-based brewery equipped with a 250 barrel brew house which will also have a 600,000 barrel capacity. In May 2012 it was announced that owner Tony Magee had signed a lease for a location in the city's Douglas Park neighborhood in North Lawndale, "that will put him in a space owned by film studio Cinespace...for at least 20 years." The Chicago brewery started producing beer on April 18, 2014, and opened an on-premises taproom a few months thereafter.
- "Top Craft Breweries In America: Brewers Association Names 50 Best-Selling Companies" (PDF).
- Cynthia Liu (2004-09-24). "Lagunitas Brewing Co. says pit bull label proving no dog". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2007-02-18.
- Digitale, Robert. Lagunitas Brewing undertakes big expansion. The Press Democrat (Santa Rosa). March 20, 2011. Retrieved 2011-3-21.
- Quackenbush, Jeff. Lagunitas plans $9.5 million expansion The Press Democrat (Santa Rosa). March 15, 2011. Retrieved 2011-5-18.
- Adam Nason (2012-04-09). "Lagunitas Brewing to open new brewery in Chicago". beerpulse.com. Retrieved 2012-04-09.
- "Lagunitas to open brewery in Chicago". Chicago Tribune. 2012-04-11.
- Noel, Josh (22 May 2012). "Lagunitas signs Chicago lease, targets November taproom opening". Chicago Tribune Entertainment. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- Hirst, Ellen Jean (April 18, 2014). "Lagunitas Brewery Officially Opens Chicago Operation", Chicago Tribune. Retrieved April 18, 2014.