|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2008)|
Laheriasarai is a city in North Bihar and considered as twin-city of Darbhanga. It has had a long cultural history. It's long been an integral part of Mithila and has a religious significance for Hindus (in particular Brahmins with Choudhary,Mishra,Jha surnames). Darbhanga is a district headquarters and many of its important offices are situated in Laheriasarai. It is named after a caste called Lahiri engaged in Lahathi making (Lac Bangle). However, the caste based profession has now completely vanished. Leharaisarai is administration area of Darbhanga.
Schools in Laheriasaria
- M.R. Public School, Chandih
- Eklavya World School, Ojhaul
- Rose Public School
- Shafi Muslim High School
- Zila School
- M. L. Academy
- Jesus & Mary Academy
- Holy Mission High school
- [Manas International School]
Laheriasarai Railway Station is next to Darbhanga Railway Station and works like an important link as it has both broad gauge and meter gauge.The city is also well connected by road to Mujaffarpur, Patna, Samastipur and other parts of Bihar, with good roads
[Baghmati]. [There are many villages situated near Baghmati river (Ojhoul, Taralahi, Panchov, DihLahi etc.). Since these villages are situated near the river, these villages are facing flood every year.]
- Sriti Jha, Famous T.V Actress hails from Laheriasarai.
- Acharya Ramlochan Saran, Famous author hailed from Laheriasarai.
- Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital
- R B Memorial Hospital, Benta Chowk
- Jyoti Research Hospital, Hospital Road
- Godawri Jiwachh Memorial Hospital & Research Centre
- New Sanjeevani Hospital, Belwaganj Laheriasarai
- Satellite Images of Laheria Sarai http://www.maplandia.com/india/bihar/darbhanga/laheria-sarai/
- Laheriasarai Railway Station at Wikimapia http://wikimapia.org/1803124/Laheriasarai-Railway-Station
- Oral Health & Anti Tobacco Awareness Campaign in Laheriasara, Darbhanga sets World Record