Lahey Hospital & Medical Center
|Lahey Hospital & Medical Center|
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center in Burlington, Massachusetts
|Location||Burlington, Massachusetts, United States|
|Affiliated university||Tufts University School of Medicine
Harvard Medical School
Boston University School of Medicine
|Emergency department||Trauma certification level II|
|Lists||Hospitals in the United States|
The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, formerly known as Lahey Clinic, is a physician-led nonprofit teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine based in Burlington, Massachusetts. The hospital was founded in Boston in 1923 by surgeon Frank H. Lahey, M.D. It is managed by Lahey Health. U.S. News & World Report has cited it multiple times on its list of "America's Best Hospitals" in the category of urology.
Education & research
Lahey hosts several residency programs including Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Diagnostic Radiology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Otolaryngology, Urology, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Dermatology. Faculty hold professorships at Tufts University School of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, and Boston University School of Medicine. In addition, Lahey hosts extensive fellowship training in Cardiology & Interventional Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Interventional Pulmonology, Bariatric, Hand Surgery, Sleep Medicine, and Stroke.
- U.S. Government clinical trials ongoing at Lahey Clinic
- National Library of Medicine—History of Lahey Clinic department of department of neurosurgery
- "Time Magazine article about Lahey Clinic and Dr. Lahey". 1940-06-24. Retrieved 2007-01-16.
- Rosenberg, Steven A. (11 August 2013). "More independent hospitals joining Lahey group". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- "Lahey Hospital and Medical Center". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- "Best Hospitals 2006". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 24 October 2013.