Lahore College of Arts and Sciences
|Lahore College of Arts and Sciences
|Gulberg campus: 26/H Gulberg II
B.R. campus: Imperial Garden Block, Paragon City, Burki Road, Lahore Cantt
J.T. Campus: 302 F/II, M.A, Johar Town
Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
|School type||Private, preparatory|
|Motto||To live in truth (Eng)|
|School board||Nazi Qureshi
|Years offered||3-4 to 18-19|
|Number of students||4000-5000|
|Average class size||28|
|Education system||GCE (CIE and Edexcel)|
|Classes offered||O and AS/A Level|
|Colour(s)||Red and Black|
|Rival||LGS - Lahore Grammar School|
Lahore College of Arts & Sciences (abbreviated as LACAS), founded in 1987, is a private fee-paying academic institution located at Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. LACAS provides preschool, primary and secondary education and preparation for international General Certificate of Education (GCE) examinations. The institution has currently eight campuses; main one in Johar Town, one at Burki Road (or Paragon City), one in Gulberg, one at Upper Mall, and two at Canal Side (a girls campus on Rasulpur Road; a boys campus at Raiwind Road).The best campus of LACAS is the Johar Town campus.
Johar Town campus
The LACAS Johar Town campus is situated in the Johar Town housing scheme of Lahore. It currently offers classes from Preschool to Grade 11 (including GCE O Levels). All classes are coeducational except for Middle Section have separate branches for boys and girls.
- Junior Section: Preschool (Play Group, Nursery, Kindergarten), Grade I to III.
- Middle Section (Boys): Grade IV to XI (including GCE O-Level).
- Middle Section (Girls): Grade IV to XI (including GCE O-Level).
Burki Road campus
The LACAS Burki Road campus is situated in the Paragon Society on Burki Road of Lahore Cantonment, Lahore. It currently offers classes from Preschool to Grade XI (including GCE O Level).
- Junior Section: Preschool (Play Group, Nursery, Kindergarten), Grade I to V.
- Middle Section: Grade VI to XI (including GCE O-Level).
On 14 April 2010, it was officially announced by the Managing Director of the institution at the Annual Excellence Awards Distribution Ceremony that a new purpose-built campus will open in Gulberg in August 2010. The new campus houses only the A Level section.
- A Level Section: Grade XII to XIII (GCE A Level).
|Section||Junior section||Middle section||A Level section|
|Education||Preschool||Lower primary||Upper primary||Lower secondary||Upper secondary
(General Certificate of Education)
- GCE Advanced Levels
|Course Code||Course Title||Faculty Member|
|CIE 8693||English Language||Ms Nadira Tamkeen|
|CIE 9084||Law||Ms Zil-e-Atif, Mr Salman Naseer|
|CIE 9231||Further Mathematics||Mr Javaid Ahmad|
|CIE 9686||Urdu||Mr Chaudhry Akmal|
|CIE 9691||Computing||Mr Mubashar Nabi|
|CIE 9695||Literature in English||Ms Ayesha Burque, Ms Kamilah Ali|
|CIE 9697||History||Ms Sonnu Rehman|
|CIE 9698||Psychology||Ms Komal Faisal|
|CIE 9699||Sociology||Ms Tahira Anwar|
|CIE 9700||Biology||Mr Sulman Qadeer|
|CIE 9701||Chemistry||Ms Duray Najaf Bukhari, Mr Zafar Iqbal|
|CIE 9702||Physics||Ms Talat Sajjad Qadir|
|CIE 9704||Art and Design||Ms Najeen Iftikhar|
|CIE 9706||Accounting||Mr Naveed Akram, Mr Shiraz Siddiq|
|CIE 9707||Business Studies||Ms Qurat-ul-Ain Aziz, Mr Shameel Khalid|
|CIE 9708||Economics||Mr Farida Toseef, Mr Zahid Kamal|
|CIE 9709||Mathematics||Mr Zahid Amin, Mr Ch. Irshad Ahmed|
|Edexcel 9GP01||Government and Politics||Ms Amna Omar|
A-Level section is organized into four groups. 'Group' in LACAS is a class of students who share a similar combination of courses that fit their career choices and appropriate for their academic lifestyle. During the freshmen orientation, all students are required to initially select four or five courses from one of the four groups.
'Formal assessments' and assignments/coursework are scheduled regularly and the grades are included in the end of term report. Examinations are held at the end of each academic term/semester. All these factors contribute to the scoring of a given course in an 'Academic Progress Report'. 'Parent Teacher Meetings' (PTM) are scheduled every term where the progress of each student is discussed in detail.
- LACAS Official Website - Index Page
- LACAS Official Website - Johar Town Campus Page
- LACAS Official Website - Burki Road Campus Page
- LACAS Official Website - Home Page
- LACAS Official Website - Upper Mall Campus Page
- LACAS Official Website - Canal Side Girls Campus Page
- LACAS Official Website - Canal Side Boys Campus Page
- LACAS Official Website - Johar Town Campus: Preschool Branch Page
- LACAS Official Website - Johar Town Campus: Middle Boys Branch Page
- LACAS Official Website - Johar Town Campus: Middle Girls Branch Page
- LACAS Official Website - Burki Road Campus: Junior Branch Page
- LACAS Official Website - Burki Road Campus: Middle Branch Page
- LACAS Official Website - Home Page
- LACAS Official Website - Burki Road Campus: A Level Branch Page
- LACAS Official Website - Burki Road Campus: AS/A Level Courses
- LACAS Official Website - Burki Road Campus: A Level Branch Admissions
- LACAS Official Website - Burki Road Campus: A Level Branch Page (Section: Academic Monitoring)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lahore College of Arts and Sciences.|