Lahser High School
|Lahser High School|
|3456 Lahser Road
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, 48302
|School district||Bloomfield Hills Schools|
|Color(s)||Black and gold|
|Website||Lahser High School|
Lahser High School was a high school in Bloomfield Township, Oakland County, Michigan, near Bloomfield Hills and in Greater Detroit. It was a part of Bloomfield Hills Schools. The school was opened in 1967. At the time it had 200 students, and enrollment reached later almost 900 students. In 2010 the decision was made to merge the school into one school with local sister school Andover High School, on Andover's grounds. Lahser's athletic facilities will be kept for use by the new high school. The school is to become Bloomfield High School. The school received the International Baccalaureate program for the class of 2013 and beyond. The football program has had five consecutive playoff-eligible seasons, 2002–2006, in both class 3 and class 2 MHSAA competition.
Lahser has won several MHSAA state championships including: men's soccer-1999, men's/women's tennis, women's lacrosse, and women's golf. Lahser currently competes within the Oakland Activities Association Blue Division for football. Most of Lahser's students come from Bloomfield Hills and Bloomfield Township. Lahser's crosstown rival is Andover High School, which is also located in Bloomfield Township.
Lahser offered several AP courses and will be introducing IB courses starting 2013. There are a variety of courses available to take, and departments include:
- Communication & Dramatic Arts
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- Family & Consumer Science
- Health & Physical Education
- IB DP (International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme)
- Man in Nature (MIN)
- Model United Nations (MUN)
- Music & Theater Departments
- Social Studies
- Support Services or Directed Studies
- Visual Arts
- World Languages
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2008)|
- Tanith Belbin, 2006 Olympic Ice Dancing Silver Medalist (attended 1999-2000)
- Armen Keteyian, (1971) investigative reporter for CBS News and correspondent for the HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel.
- Neil Mandt, film producer and director (1988)
- Chad Smith, drummer for the band Red Hot Chili Peppers (1980)
- Sean Forbes, deaf American hip-hop artist (2000)
- "Bloomfield Township Street Map." (Archive) Bloomfield Township, Oakland County. Retrieved on July 30, 2013.
- "Home." Lasher High School. April 10, 2006. Retrieved on July 29, 2013. "3456 Lahser Road | Bloomfield Hills | Michigan | 48302"
- "Home." (Archive) Bloomfield Hills High School. Retrieved on July 30, 2013. "Bloomfield Hills High School Main Campus 3456 Lahser Road Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302"
- "Bloomfield Hills to merge Andover--Lahser high-schools". Detroit News. Retrieved 4 November 2011.[dead link]
- Foley, Aaron. "High school rivalry ends in Bloomfield Hills as Andover, Lahser prepare to merge". mlive.com. Michigan Live. Retrieved 4 November 2011.
- "Bloomfield Hills High Schools To Merge". clickondetroit.com. Click on Detroit. Retrieved 4 November 2011.
- "Bloomfield Hills district: Prayer OK, just not during school-governed activities". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- "BLOOMFIELD HILLS LAHSER KNIGHTS". Michigan Football.com. BusStop Computing. Retrieved 4 November 2011.
- "Boys SOCCER Champions 1982-2007". mhsaa.com. Michigan High School Athletic Association. Retrieved 4 November 2011.
- "Academics". Lahser High School. Retrieved 4 November 2011.
- Thompson, D: The Red Hot Chili Peppers, page 182. St. Martin's Press, New York, 1993.