Lake Park High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2009)|
|Lake Park High School|
|600 S. Medinah Rd.
Roselle, IL 60172 (East)
500 W. Bryn Mawr Ave.
Roselle, IL 60172 (West), Illinois, United States
|Coordinates||East Campus: Coordinates:
|School district||Lake Park Community High School District 108|
|Principal||Dr. Tracy Lampley (East)
Jim Roberts (West)
|Color(s)||Navy Blue,Columbia Blue and White|
|Athletics||DuPage Valley Conference
Illinois High School Association
|Accreditation||Illinois State Board of Education|
Lake Park High School is a public, four-year high school occupying two campuses, both located in Roselle, Illinois, a western suburb of Chicago. Freshmen and sophomores attend the East Campus (the original campus built in 1956), located near Medinah and juniors and seniors attend the West Campus. It is part of the Lake Park Community High School District 108. Students from Roselle, Medinah, Bloomingdale, Itasca, Wood Dale and Hanover Park attend the school.
The name "Lake Park" is derived from the campuses being between "Lake" Street and Irving "Park" Road. The citizens of north DuPage County founded Lake Park High School District 108 in 1953, and the doors opened at what is now East Campus, 600 South Medinah Road, Roselle, in September 1956 to 320 students. In less than twenty years, the number of students had increased substantially and West Campus was built in 1975. The east campus borders the Medinah Country Club
The school offers 20 Advanced Placement courses.
There are has 158 teachers.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (May 2013)|
- Boys Track - 1997, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- Girls Bowling - 1986-87 and 1994-95
- Boys Bowling - 2008–2009
- Cheerleading (Coed) 2011
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (June 2014)|
Lake Park offers more than 40 extracurricular activities: career and hobby organizations, competitive organizations, honorary organizations, performance organizations, publications, service and prevention organizations, and spirit organizations. Such activities include:
- Earth Club
- Fishing Club
- Art Club
- Color Guard
- Dance Ensemble
- Computer Club
- Keyboarding Team
- Group Interpretation
- Winter Guard
Lake Park has an exchange program with Helene-Lange-Gymnasium in Hamburg, Germany, allowing students to experience each other's culture and lifestyle.
- Mark Gorski, 1978, Olympic Gold Medalist (Track cycling Individual sprint, 1984 Summer Olympics)
- Keith Hackney, 1976, American mixed martial arts fighter.
- Glenn Kotche, 1989, Drummer for the band Wilco, Grammy winner (2005)
- Duncan Rouleau, 1981, American comic book writer & artist,
- Don Schulze 1980, Major League Baseball Player (Chicago Cubs, Cleveland Indians, Japan League)
- Rod Smolla, 1971, President, Furman University, Greenville, SC
- Robert Shallcross, 1976, screenplay writer and director of movies such as "Uncle Nino" (2003) "Bored Silly" (2000) and writer "Little Giants" (1994)
- Sarah Zelenka, 2005, Rower at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- "School Profile 2008". Lake Park Community High School District 108. July 17, 2008. Retrieved April 3, 2009.[dead link]
- "Home". Lplancettes.com. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- School Directory | IHSA
- "Duncan Rouleau". Masters of Comic Book Art. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Duncan Rouleau Does the Heavy Lifting on "Metal Men"". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Don Schulze Statistics". Baseball-reference.com. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Sarah Zelenka". usrowing.org. Retrieved 28 July 2012.