waterfowl on Lake Ralphine, 2010
|Location||Sonoma County, California|
|Primary outflows||a tributary of Spring Creek|
|Catchment area||0.15 sq mi (0.39 km2)|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Surface area||19 acres (7.7 ha)|
|Water volume||387 acre·ft (477,000 m3)|
|Surface elevation||256 ft (78 m)|
The lake is formed by an earthen dam which dates back to 1882.
The lake is encircled by trails (Eagle Scout Trail and Old Fisherman's Trail) which connect to the Howarth Park parking lot off of Summerfield Road. Horses and motorized vehicles are not allowed on these trails.
In season, kayaks, paddle boats, canoes, rowboats, and sailboats are available for rent, and there is a launch ramp for private boats.
- List of lakes in California
- List of lakes in the San Francisco Bay Area
- List of reservoirs and dams in California
- Santa Rosa Creek Reservoir
- "Dams Within the Jurisdiction of the State of California". Retrieved 2008-01-29.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lake Ralphine
- "Hatchery Fish Planting for Region 3". Retrieved 2009-04-03.
- "Fishing on Lake Ralphine". Retrieved 2010-11-12.
- "Howarth Park Trail Map". Retrieved 2009-04-03.
- "Lake Ralphine: Bottini Boathouse".
|This Sonoma County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|