Lake Township, Ashland County, Ohio
|Lake Township, Ohio|
Location of Lake Township in Ashland County
|• Total||20.1 sq mi (52.1 km2)|
|• Land||20.0 sq mi (51.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||1,086 ft (331 m)|
|• Density||34/sq mi (13.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085707|
Located in the southeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Mohican Township - north
- Plain Township, Wayne County - northeast corner
- Clinton Township, Wayne County - east
- Washington Township, Holmes County - south
- Green Township - west
- Vermillion Township - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Lake Township.
Name and history
Lake Township was organized in 1814.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Lake township, Ashland County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- Baughman, Abraham J. (1909). History of Ashland County, Ohio, Volume 1. S. J. Clarke Publishing Company. p. 126.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.