Lake View Cemetery (Seattle)
Nisei War Memorial, Lake View Cemetery
|Number of graves||40,000|
Lake View Cemetery is a cemetery located on Seattle, Washington, Capitol Hill just north of Volunteer Park. It is named for its view of Lake Washington to the east. It was founded in 1872 as the Seattle Masonic Cemetery.
- Princess Angeline - daughter of Chief Seattle
- Beriah Brown - Mayor of Seattle
- Gottlieb Burian - founder of the city of Burien, Washington
- Denny Party members (Seattle pioneers), including:
- William Grose - second black resident of Seattle
- Granville O. Haller - Noted businessman and military officer
- Thaddeus Hanford - Seattle newspaper editor
- Bruce Lee - martial artist and actor
- Brandon Lee - actor; son of Bruce Lee
- Denise Levertov - poet
- Eugene McAllaster - naval architect; designer of the fireboat Duwamish
- John W. Nordstrom - founder of Nordstrom
- Guy Carleton Phinney - developer whose land became the Woodland Park
- A. W. Piper - pioneer, baker, socialist Seattle City Council member, eponym of Pipers Creek and Piper Orchard
- Cordelia Wilson - American Southwest painter
Just north of the cemetery is Seattle's Grand Army of the Republic Cemetery.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lake View Cemetery, Seattle.|
- Official site
- FindAGrave Lake View Cemetery
- Biography of Eugene L. McAllaster, designer of Seattle's historic fireboat Duwamish.