Lake of Fire (film)
|Lake of Fire|
|Directed by||Tony Kaye|
|Produced by||Tony Kaye|
|Written by||Tony Kaye|
|Music by||Anne Dudley|
|Edited by||Peter Goddard|
|Running time||152 minutes|
The documentary was filmed entirely in black and white. It opened in September 2006 in Toronto.
The film received very positive reviews from critics. As of January 6, 2008, the review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes reported that 94% of critics gave the film positive reviews, based on 47 reviews. Metacritic reported the film had an average score of 83 out of 100, based on 15 reviews.
Top ten lists
The film appeared on several critics' top ten lists of the best films of 2007.
- 3rd - Scott Foundas, LA Weekly (tied with 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days)
- 4th - Joshua Rothkopf, Time Out New York
- 4th - Ella Taylor, LA Weekly (tied with 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days)
- 6th - Scott Tobias, The A.V. Club
- 10th - Ty Burr, The Boston Globe
- "Lake of Fire - Rotten Tomatoes". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2008-01-06.
- "Lake of Fire (2007): Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2008-01-06.
- "Shortlist for docu Oscar unveiled". The Hollywood Reporter. 2007-11-20. Retrieved 2007-12-21.
- "Metacritic: 2007 Film Critic Top Ten Lists". Metacritic. Archived from the original on 2008-01-02. Retrieved 2008-01-05.
- Lake of Fire at the Internet Movie Database
- Lake of Fire at Rotten Tomatoes
- Lake of Fire at Metacritic
- Lake of Fire at Box Office Mojo
- Lake of Fire at AllMovie