Lakeside Township, Aitkin County, Minnesota
|Lakeside Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||36.8 sq mi (95.3 km2)|
|• Land||29.0 sq mi (75.1 km2)|
|• Water||7.8 sq mi (20.3 km2)|
|Elevation||1,302 ft (397 m)|
|• Density||16/sq mi (6.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0664701|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.8 square miles (95.3 km2), of which 29.0 square miles (75.1 km2) is land and 7.8 square miles (20.3 km2), or 21.26%, is water. The township is located on the east shore of Mille Lacs Lake, the second-largest inland lake in Minnesota.
- Mille Lacs Lake (east edge)
- Malmo Township (north)
- Seavey Township (east)
- Idun Township (southeast)
- East Side Township, Mille Lacs County (south)
- South Harbor Township, Mille Lacs County (southwest)
- Wealthwood Township (west)
The township contains Lakeside Cemetery.
As of the census of 2000, there were 495 people, 240 households, and 161 families residing in the township. The population density was 17.0 people per square mile (6.6/km²). There were 579 housing units at an average density of 19.9/sq mi (7.7/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 98.18% White, 1.01% Native American, 0.40% Asian, 0.20% Pacific Islander, and 0.20% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.20% of the population.
There were 240 households out of which 14.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 60.4% were married couples living together, 3.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 32.9% were non-families. 30.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.06 and the average family size was 2.52.
In the township the population was spread out with 16.6% under the age of 18, 3.6% from 18 to 24, 15.6% from 25 to 44, 36.2% from 45 to 64, and 28.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 54 years. For every 100 females there were 115.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 112.9 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $28,462, and the median income for a family was $31,818. Males had a median income of $34,375 versus $17,917 for females. The per capita income for the township was $19,908. About 9.0% of families and 9.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 21.6% of those under age 18 and 6.3% of those age 65 or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Lakeside township, Aitkin County, Minnesota". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved June 13, 2013.