Laketran 1997 New Flyer C35LF. Powered by a Detroit Diesel Series 50G with an Allison B400R ATEC transmission.
|Headquarters||555 Lakeshore Boulevard
Painesville, Ohio 44077
|Service area||Lake County|
|Fuel type||Diesel, CNG|
Laketran is the transit agency that serves Lake County, Ohio, the county northeast of Cleveland. It is the third-largest transit system in Northeast Ohio, serving Mentor, Painesville, Willoughby, Wickliffe. Eastlake, Fairport Harbor, Madison and other Lake County destinations.
Laketran was established as the Regional Transit Authority for Lake County in 1974. Laketran's services include six local fixed routes, five commuter express routes to downtown Cleveland, and Dial-a-Ride, a door-to-door paratransit service.
Laketran is funded by a quarter of a percent sales tax.
Laketran received an Outstanding Achievement Award from the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) for systems carrying more than one million passengers annually, twice: in 2000  and 2005. Laketran connects to Greater Cleveland RTA at Shoregate Shopping Center (Route #39) and at East 276th Street and Euclid Avenue (Route #28).
With the addition of the New Flyer C35LF, LakeTran also operates a fleet of Orion V on their express routes to and from Cleveland and early 2000s Bluebird CSFE 3703 foot low floor buses. LakeTran also operates a fleet of Ford Econoline Cutaway buses on light routes and Dial-A-Ride service. In late 2009 Laketran purchased a fleet of New Flyer XN35s and are currently operating them.
- 1 Red Line- Painesville to Lakeland Community College
- 2 Blue Line- Mentor to Lakeland Community College
- 3 Green Line- Mentor to Shoregate
- 4 Pink Line- Madison to Painesville
- 5 Purple Line- Painesville to Fairport Harbor
- 6 Gold Line- Shops of Willoughby Hills to Lakeland Community College
Express Routes to Downtown Cleveland
- 10 Mentor Park & Ride
- 11 Lakeland Community College Park & Ride
- 12 Wickliffe Park & Ride
- 13 Willoughby Hills Park & Ride
- 14 Eastlake Park & Ride
- "Transportation choices". EcoCity Cleveland. April 18, 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-18.
- "Transit Industry Awards Presented At APTA Annual Meeting" (Press release). American Public Transportation Association. September 26, 2000. Archived from the original on 2001-04-14. Retrieved 2007-04-18.
- "2005 APTA Public Transportation Award Winners". American Public Transportation Association. March 6, 2006. Archived from the original on 2006-10-23. Retrieved 2007-04-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Laketran.|
|This article about transportation in Ohio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|