Location in Baxter County and the state of Arkansas
|• Total||1.1 sq mi (3 km2)|
|• Land||1.1 sq mi (3 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|• Density||693.6/sq mi (254.3/km2)|
Lakeview is located at .(36.377358, -92.534738)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.1 square miles (2.8 km2), all of it land.
Lakeview is in the Mountain Home School District.
As of the census of 2010, there were 883 people, 402 households, and 282 families residing in the city. The population density was 664.4 people per square mile (256.2/km²). There were 426 housing units at an average density of 371.0 per square mile (143.0/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 98.95% White, 0.39% Native American, 0.52% Asian, 0.13% from other races. 1.31% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 372 households out of which 14.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.2% were married couples living together, 2.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 32.0% were non-families. 28.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 15.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.05 and the average family size was 2.45.
In the city the population was spread out with 13.6% under the age of 18, 3.5% from 18 to 24, 14.3% from 25 to 44, 30.4% from 45 to 64, and 38.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 60 years. For every 100 females there were 102.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 101.5 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $31,667, and the median income for a family was $38,482. Males had a median income of $27,750 versus $25,313 for females. The per capita income for the city was $16,667. About 7.9% of families and 12.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 19.6% of those under age 18 and 4.1% of those age 65 or over.
- Karen Hopper, Republican member of the Arkansas House of Representatives from District 100, resides in Lakeview
- Map of Lakeview (US Census Bureau)
- Map of Baxter County (US Census Bureau)
- Mountain Home School District
- Baxter County Historical and Genealogical Society
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- US Census Bureau. School District Reference Map (2010 Census) Baxter County, AR (Map). http://www2.census.gov/geo/maps/dc10map/sch_dist/st05_ar/c05005_baxter/DC10SD_C05005_001.pdf. Retrieved 2011-07-12.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.