Lakme Fashion Week
|Lakme Fashion Week|
|Frequency||Bi-Annual in February and August|
The event first took place in 1999 and international models such as Naomi Campbell as well as Indian film stars such as Deepika Padukone, Malaika Arora Khan, and Arjun Rampal have participated in it. International labels that have taken part in LFW include Louis Vuitton, Dolce & Gabbana, and Roberto Cavalli. Among Indian designers, Manish Malhotra, Rohit Bal, Tarun Tahiliani, and Ritu Beri have taken part in the event. The event has been responsible for launching the careers of designers such as Sabyasachi Mukherjee.
Lakme Fashion Week 2012
LFW Winter Festive 2012 opened with a gala show of dramatic looks created by Lakme makeup expert Clint Fernandes. Followed next were the collections by Kallol Datta 1955 (the 1955 added to his name is his mother's birth year). Purnima Lamba, Head of Innovation at Lakme, was thrilled at how things turned out.
Lakme Fashion Week 2013
LFW's season scheduled to start on March 22 at the same venue at the Mumbai Grand Hyatt Hotel in Mumbai, which has played host to the IMG Reliance-organized event since 2009.
Bollywood actresses Sonal Chauhan, Shilpa Shetty, Sonali Bendre, Isha Koppikar, Jacqueline, and Neha Dhupia attended the Lakmé Fashion Week Winter Festive Collection, showcased at Grand Hyatt Mumbai from August 23 – 27, 2013.
Lakme Fashion Week 2014
Actor Akshay Kumar was arrested by the police and later released on bail for an alleged obsene act at LFW 2009. The actor's wife, Twinkle Khanna, had unbuttoned his jeans while he was walking the ramp.
- "ANOTHER FASHION WEEK ?". The Indian Express. 23 July 2011. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Mumbai all set for Lakme Fashion Week". Reuters. 19 March 2008. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Fashion business poised for dramatic growth: FDCI". Times of India. 2 August 2002. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "LFW 2013 announced". Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- "Fashion's Milestones". The Indian Express. 16 August 2011. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "New star rises from east". The Telegraph. 24 April 2005. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "LFW 2012". Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- "The epiv finale of LFW 2012". Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- Saini, Mayu (23 August 2013). "Lakme Fashion Week Under Way in India". WWD. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- "Manish Malhotra to open Lakme Fashion Week Summer Resort 2014". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "Akshay Kumar arrested for Lakme Fashion Week 'stunt'". Sify.com. 18 May 2009. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lakme Fashion Week.|