||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Norwegian (bokmål) Wikipedia. (January 2013)|
|• Total||32.72 km2 (12.63 sq mi)|
|ca. 7% of total|
|• Density||1,100/km2 (2,900/sq mi)|
|14.79% of total|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|ISO 3166 code||NO-120105|
Formerly it was spelled Laxevaag.
The district is today a borough of the city of Bergen. After it was merged with Bergen, the former municipality was split into two boroughs: Laksevåg, which consisted of neighborhoods south of Puddefjorden separating it from the city centre, and Loddefjord, consisting of neighborhoods further west, closer to the islands of Sotra. Loddefjord was merged back with Laksevåg in 2000.
The old Laksevåg borough has residential areas on the hillside of Damsgårdsfjellet facing Puddefjorden. By the fjord itself are several industrial buildings, many of them connected with the maritime industry. The rococo manor of Damsgård hovedgård is located in the borough.
Like Fyllingsdalen, many of the neighborhoods of Loddefjord consist of apartment buildings, especially in the area around the main service centre, the Vestkanten shopping centre. The main road to Sotra passes through the Loddefjord area.
Mt. Gravdalsfjellet peaks at 351 m. of altitude.
List of villages and neighborhoods
- Alvøen Mansion (Alvøen Hovedbygning) – Historic building constructed in the 1790s, reconstruction in 1830. opened as a museum in 1983
- Damsgård Manor – Historic manor house and estate
- Gravdal Manor (Gravdal hovedgård) – Historic Gravdal manor house, later military command headquarters 
- Kvarven Fort – Coastal defense built to protect the local port and naval installations
- Lyderhorn – One of the seven mountains surrounding Bergen
- Damsgård Mountain (Damsgårdsfjellet) – One of the seven mountains surrounding Bergen
- Fossen, Kjell (1984–1991) Laksevågs historie (Bergen) ISBN 82-7128-078-3
- Frichsen, Sigurd (2000) Sånn va' det. Folket, kirken og fergen (Laksevåg) ISBN 82-995593-0-8
- Frichsen, Sigurd (2001) Laksevåg forteller. Sånn va' det II. (Laksevåg) ISBN 82-995593-1-6
- Hellesund, Kristian (2002) Årbok for Laksevåg 2002 (Olsvik) ISBN 82-996530-0-2
- Lyngvi, Arne (2000) Bomber over Laksevåg : 4. oktober 1944 og tiden som fulgte (Bergen) ISBN 82-7916-008-6