Lakshman Kadirgamar Institute of International Relations and Strategic Studies
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (July 2009)|
Lakshman Kadirgamar Institute of International Relations and Strategic Studies (LKIIRSS) is a Sri Lankan research institute (or think tank) in the area of international affairs. Inaugurated on 10 August 2006 it is named after Lakshman Kadirgamar a former Minister of Foreign Affairs. The Institute functions under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Sri Lanka and its headquarters have been the Lighthouse, in Cinnamon Gardens, Colombo.
Under the Sri Lanka Institute of Strategic Studies (Amendment) Act No. 32 of 2006 the Bandaranaike International Diplomatic Training Institute was vested in the LKIIRSS and is deemed to function as the training arm of the Institute.
It describes as its major functions to be to;
- Act as a focal point for research and discussion, both anticipatory and reactive on global and regional issues and their impact on Sri Lanka ·
- Assisting the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, when required in policy planning and formulation of policy alternatives and responses ·
- Providing a forum for the exchange of knowledge and opinions with institutions, practitioners and scholars engaged in similar studies ·
- Providing a fully equipped resource centre including relevant international affairs publications for following global developments.
- Official website
- Lakshman Kadirgamar Institute of International Relations and Strategic Studies (LKIIRSS)