V. V. Lakshmi Narayana was a former Joint Director for India's Central Bureau of Investigation. He is known for leading the investigations like OMC Scandal, Emaar Properties, 2G spectrum scam, Satyam Scandal, Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter, and Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy's Disproportionate Assets case. He currently holds Inspector general of police Rank under Y-category security for dealing with high-profile corruption cases. He is tipped to be appointed as the Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) for Mumbai, after 21 June 2013. 
Born on 3 April 1965 and brought up in Srisailam, Andhra pradesh,He belongs to a Kapu family, where his father was an Irrigation officer.He did his Bachelor of Engineering at the Regional Engineering College – Warangal. He did his MTech from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras. He was an Inspector General, Maharastra cadre from the 1990 batch of Indian Police Service and Topper in 1990 Civil servies exam.
He worked as a Superintendent of police for Nanded and then for the Maharastra Anti-Terrorism Squad. He was posted as Deputy inspector general of police (DIG) at Hyderabad on 12 June 2006, as he was keen to work for the CBI agency. According to media sources, He was initially posted as the CBI unit head for period of five years and then extended for another two years at the behest of his head office, the New Delhi unit. He also received the Indian police medal in 2006. He successfully investigated the Satyam Scandal as a Deputy inspector general of police Rank. He is a great motivational speaker and thinker giving inspiring speeches to the youth. He always thinks to transform our INDIA to a great nation among all other countries. Being a follower of Swami Vivekananda he wishes to create a mass of vivekanandas from his own school after his retirement. He is ahead in a line for giving help to the youth through his speech allover the Andhra Pradesh state.
- Jagan to stay in jail till June 11, a day before key elections:NDTV
- "DA case: Jagan's custody extended, Sabitha appears in court". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India). 7 June 2013.
- "Security for CBI official probing Jagan case". deccanherald.com. 2 April 2012. Retrieved 2 April 2012. "Andhra Pradesh has provided 'z' category security to CBI Joint Director V.V. Laxminarayana, who is heading investigations into high profile cases, including an illegal assets case against YSR Congress party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy and the Sohrabuddin encounter case"
- "V.V. Lakshminarayana transferred to Mumbai". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 8 June 2013.
- "About CBI Joint Director VV Lakshminarayana". cyberscrap.blogspot.in. 22 April 2011. Retrieved 2 April 2012. ""He feels strongly about corruption. His plus point is his handling of legal issues, especially documentation (since in all the cases he has investigated, the documents seized ran into thousands of pages). He does not get bogged down by work pressure."
- "Emaar case: CBI Joint Director briefs Andhra Chief Secretary on probe progress". articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. 31 January 2012. Retrieved 2 April 2012. "CBI Joint Director V V Lakshmi Narayana today met Andhra Pradesh Chief Secretary Pankaj Dwivedi and briefed him about the arrest of Principal Secretary (Home) B P Acharya in the Emaar Properties scandal."
- "Satyam case: CBI reduces number of witnesses". rediff.com. 15 June 2011. Retrieved 1 April 2012. "Lakshmi Narayana, deputy inspector general of police, CBI said as per the apex court directives, the number of documents supporting the charge sheet which were about 3,067 have also been reduced to a thousand-odd"
- "Threats against RI atheist teen being investigated". indiatoday.intoday.in. 29 July 2011. Retrieved 2 April 2012. "A team of CBI officials, led by joint director V. V. Lakshmi Narayana, has almost completed its investigations into the alleged illegal mining in the controversial Obulapuram mines in collusion with the officials of the state mining and forest departments"
- "CBI files chargesheet in Emaar Land scam". articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 1 February 2012. Retrieved 22 April 2012. "CBI today filed its chargesheet against seven persons including Andhra Pradesh home secretary and senior IAS officer B P Acharya and five companies in the case relating to alleged irregularities in land transfer and sale of villas and apartments in an upscale township in Hyderabad"
- "AP cops grilled, IPS officers plan anti-CBI protest". sunday-guardian.com. 19 February. Retrieved 31 March 2012. "The state IPS officials are worried because the Sohrabuddin case has been entrusted with CBI joint director V.V. Lakshminarayana, the chief of the Hyderabad-Karnataka zone" Check date values in:
- "Sohrabuddin case handed over to Lakshmi Narayana". siasat.com. 16 February 2012. Retrieved 2 April 2012.
- "Naidu case: CBI collects documents". Chennai, India: thehindu.com. 26 November 2011. Retrieved 1 April 2012. "CBI Joint Director V.V. Lakshmi Narayana collected from the A.P. High Court on Friday the voluminous documents submitted by Y.S. Vijayamma, MLA, in connection with the petition she filed seeking a probe against former Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu and his associates for various irregularities allegedly committed by them"
- "AP: CBI files FIR against Jagan, Emaar". rediff.com. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- Y-Category security for CBI JD Lakshmi Narayana – Andhra Jyothy – Telugu news
- CBI JD Lakshmi Narayana Profile (Satyam Ramalinga Raju, Y.S. Jagan, Gali Janardhana Reddy)
- ABN – Special Focus on CBI JD Lakshmi Narayana , IPS
- CBI reduces number of witnesses in Satyam case
- Top secret CBI raid traps Janardhana Reddy, Srinivasa Reddy; sleuths to now explore Jagan link
- APIIC-EMAAR Case: CBI Files Chargesheet Against IAS