|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
|Lakshmipur or Laxmipur
|• Total||1,440.39 km2 (556.14 sq mi)|
|Population (2011 census)|
|• Density||1,200/km2 (3,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
|• Summer (DST)||BDST (UTC+7)|
Lakshmipur or Laxmipur District (Bengali: লক্ষ্মীপুর জেলা, Lakshmipur Jela also Lakshmipur Zila) with an area of 1455.96 km², is a district of Bangladesh. It is bordered by Chandpur District to the north, Bhola and Noakhali districts to the south, Noakhali District to the east, and Barisal and Bhola districts to the west.
The upazilas under this district are:
The district of Lakshmipur consists 3539 mosques, 45 temples, 1 churches.
- Ferdousi Mazumder
- Sir Amanat Ullah master Rtd Headmaster and Best Teacher 1992, gold madlist Esat banchanagar Govt praimary school, 2 no ward lakshmipur pourashova.
- Jiaull Houqe Ex minister (BNP) Lakshmipur 1.
- Abul khair bhuiyan MP (BNP) Lakshmipur 2.
- Advocate Khairul eanam Ex MP (BNP) Lakshmipur 2.
- Shahid uddin chowdury any MP (BNP) Lakshmipur 3.
- Ashraf uddin nizami MP (BNP) Lakshmipur 4.
- Mohammad Ullah - Ex President of Bangladesh
- Mohammad Toaha- eminent Politician
- Md Abdur Rashid-Ex MP & Member, Bangladesh Constitution Drafting Committee
- A S M Abdur Rob- Student Leader 1971 & Ex Minister.
- Dr. Muzaffar Ahmed Chowdhury Economist & Ex Minister
- Dr. Abdul Matin Chowdhury Ex VC, DU
- Prof Kabir Chowdhury
- Shaheed Munir Chowdhury
- Zillur Rahim (Boro Mia) (Ex MP 1954)
- A.O.M Shafiq Ullah former Upazilla Chairman and freedom fighter
- A S M Abdur Rob -holding first Bangladeshi flag
- Md. Shajahan (2012). "Lakshmipur District". In Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- DC Office, Lakshmipur