|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2012)|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||K.C. Bokadia|
|Produced by||K.C. Bokadia|
|Story by||K.C. Bokadia|
|Music by||Aadesh Shrivastav|
|Edited by||D. N. Malik|
|Release dates||March 5, 1999|
Lal Baadshah is a 1999 Bollywood film directed by K.C. Bokadia and starring Amitabh Bachchan in a dual role, Raghuvaran, Manisha Koirala, Shilpa Shetty and Amrish Puri. Nirupa Roy also appears in her last film playing Bachchan's foster mother. This was Bachchan's third film since his comeback after a five year hiatus; it failed at the box office.
Lal Singh (Amitabh Bachchan) lives with his mother (Nirupa Roy) in a small basti in Bombay, grows up with the poor and needy. He is called Lal Badshah by the people he lives among. Lal is a very helping person and dead set against crime. In the same city lives Vikram Singh alias Vicky Baadshah (Raghuvaran) who is the Don of the city always clashing with Lal Baadshah. Vicky is the son of Dayal Singh (Amrish Puri) who lives far away from Mumbai in a castle. Vicky & his brother Ajit Singh (Mukesh Rishi), a corrupt police officer want to rule the city.
Meanwhile, Lal meets Kiran (Manisha Koirala), an L.I.C. agent who falls in love with him & is determined to become his wife. At the castle, Dayal Singh is still hunting for the treasures of the Maharaja, whom he murdered years ago along with his brother Sultan Singh (Prem Chopra). When the Maharaja was murdered, his son, Dewan Ranbir Singh (also Amitabh Bachchan) hid the treasure, for which Dayal Singh tried to murder him. What is the link between Ranbir Singh and his look-alike Lal Singh and will Dayal Singh be able to ever find the treasure?
- Amitabh Bachchan as Lal 'Baadshah' Singh / Ranbhir Singh
- Manisha Koirala as Kiran (Life Insurance Agent)
- Raadhika Sarathkumar as Wife of Ranbhir Singh
- Amrish Puri as Thakur Dhayal Singh
- Shilpa Shetty as Lawyer's daughter
- Shakti Kapoor as Balu (Lal's Secretary)
- Raghuvaran as Vikram Singh / Vicky Baadshah
- Mukesh Rishi as S.P Ajit Singh (Superintendent of Police)
- Nirupa Roy as Lal's foster mother
- Prem Chopra as Sultan Singh (Guest Appearance)
- Mohan Joshi as a Lawyer
- Radhika as Mrs. Ranbhir Singh
- Jack Gaud as Jabbar Singh
- Nagma as a Dancer in song, "Pathiye Ley"
- Shama Deshpande
- Mac Mohan as Vikram's Henchman
- Ram Mohan
- Sudhir as Vikram's Henchman
- Brijesh Tiwari
- Mahesh Anand as Narayan Singh
- Viju Khote as Kiran's Boss
The music is composed by Aadesh Shrivastav. Lyrics are penned by Shyam, Maya Govind, and Gohar Kamla.
|1.||"Dhano Ki Aankh Sharabi Laage"||Shyam||Sudesh Bhosle, Anuradha Paudwal|
|2.||"Dil Ki Dhadkan Bole"||Maya Govind||Udit Narayan, Alka Yagnik, Sapna Awasthi|
|3.||"Ek Dinak Dinah Din"||Maya Govind||Sudesh Bhosle, Alka Yagnik|
|4.||"Ishq Ki Aankh Mein"||Gohar Kamla||Aadesh Shrivastav|
|5.||"Koi Hai Dil Dene Wala"||Shyam||Sudesh Bhosle, Asha Bhosle|
|6.||"Mera Munna Jab Jawan Hoga"||Maya Govind||Udit Narayan, Alka Yagnik|
|7.||"Talah Kholde Chabbi Se"||Maya Govind||Sapna Awasthi|